Pete's Peerless and RS28F 3way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete's Peerless and RS28F 3way

Came across a post where Pete posted sim's for a 3way using 3 Peerless 830875 and RS28F tweeter. (link below)

The screenshots of the sim's in that post were showing up the other day now they're gone. Do attached pictures on here expire?

Also, can the Peerless 830883 be used in place of the 830875? (J'm aware of the trick of gluing on side strips to flushmont the 75's. However, flushmounting the 83's would make things easier is why I ask)

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...75-rs28f-3-way

Originally posted by NickA1976 View Post
    Came across a post where Pete posted sim's for a 3way using 3 Peerless 830875 and RS28F tweeter. (link below)

The screenshots of the sim's in that post were showing up the other day now they're gone. Do attached pictures on here expire?

Also, can the Peerless 830883 be used in place of the 830875? (J'm aware of the trick of gluing on side strips to flushmont the 75's. However, flushmounting the 83's would make things easier is why I ask)

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...75-rs28f-3-way
    The answer to this part of your question is "no". You MIGHT be able to substitute the Peerless 830874 for the 830875 in a design (I know because I've done it.) However, the Peerless 830883 is a whole different animal. You MIGHT try it in a 2-way, but not in this 3-way.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the 830875 and the 830883.

I may have to contact Pete to see if he still has those screen shots that are no longer showing up in that old post

Comment

Very weird, now the pictures on that old post are back.
        I saved them all this time.

Comment

Another item to note is that Pete's sim specifies the RS28F-4 tweeter. Unless you have a source for that unobtanium relic, you're already DOA. The new RST28's are NOT drop-ins for the older models.

Comment

Working...
          X