12" DD1512 Build 28Hz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    So you have built the enclosure but don't have the sub yet. Which means you don't have T/S parameters that are accurate. DDs specs tend to be on the "generous" side and not always on point. This is particularly true when adding options to the subs ie cone materials that increase Mms. This means that the enclosure you have worked so hard on is just a rough guess. Sorry. From reputable companies such as Dayton, Eminence, etc building an enclosure before hand isn't a big deal but from some others, it makes it a real crap shoot
    I figured I would take up volume with necessary parts. So I think I could make up for it by putting polyfill to increase the deep tune and thump. Also I left the port a little bit longer so it has a potential range between 27-29.

This is my first Port build so it's like a (template) basically for future builds.

My passion would actually be bandpass if I can figure out the ports/ slots on those any suggestions?

I really appreciate your technical reply it adds to my knowledge experience!

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

What isaeagle4031 said about the port tuning. But I kinda like the steam calliope look
      Yeah I guess that's my signature! Haha I'll bet now it sounds good too!

Comment

So this is screwless. The port is being held in by the support glued to the inside.
        Then I put silicone in all potential gaps.

The only thing I messed up on was putting the silicone on the bottom figuring I could paint over it with primer which was a false information.
        So I put Carpenters glue over the entire surface that I tried to prime paint over the silicon.
        I know I can paint over Carpenter's glue easily and it's one solid piece.

I'm going to use Black Stone spray paint for the top/sides.
        I'm going to use gloss black roll paint for the bottom/floor.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Evyn View Post

I figured I would take up volume with necessary parts. So I think I could make up for it by putting polyfill to increase the deep tune and thump. Also I left the port a little bit longer so it has a potential range between 27-29.

This is my first Port build so it's like a (template) basically for future builds.

My passion would actually be bandpass if I can figure out the ports/ slots on those any suggestions?

I really appreciate your technical reply it adds to my knowledge experience!
          Adding fill does not "increase" volume. That is a myth and one that actually only applied to sealed enclosures. It does alter the Q which is similar to an increase in volume but it does so at a loss in sensitivity.
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post

Adding fill does not "increase" volume. That is a myth and one that actually only applied to sealed enclosures. It does alter the Q which is similar to an increase in volume but it does so at a loss in sensitivity.
            Yeah, I used polyfill for a manufacturer bandpass. I noticed the rear mirror moving more with the lows.

I realized it was an easy way to take a factory enclosure and modify it.

I don't think it's necessary to experiment I'm probably going to go right to polyfill.

​​​

Comment

Question for anyone out there:

Why do they list the frequency response fq 41.72.
              ​​​For the DD 1512?

Why does an Amplifier have a limited range of frequencies?

Combined question:

If I make an enclosure tuned to 28 HZ, does the Sub, box and the Amp have to be tuned at the same frequency?

Assumption: Ideally yes

But if the box is 28 Hertz and the amp can only reach 33hz lows, what happens?

Thanks!

Comment

Just painted gloss Black!

Now time to paint the floor.

Attached Files

Comment

Almost done.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just got the sub luckily it fits perfect! And the clearance looks pretty great!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if you modeled the vent velocity but I think that driver is capable of moving substantially more site than the 4” vent can handle. At least at first glance without a model, especially considering the enclosure volume.

Comment

• fpitas
                        fpitas commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just going by looks, I'd agree. I'm not sure that driver has T/S parameters available, so it can only be guesswork.

Cut the bottom to match the specs. Will glue and paint if sounds better as a Downfiring than other direction.

Will use a small amount of carpenters glue to stick to the floor as part of the enclosure.

If needed to remove floor to access Subwoofer, then heat gun bottom of floor and release.

This now fits comfortably on the back seat.

Comment

Please use the seat belts and strap that thing down before you go driving around.

If you get into an accident it could become a projectile with enough energy to kill you and your passenger(s) while the wreck its-self may be minor.

Have fun.

Comment

• djg
                          djg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And beware of bootstrapping. A runaway sub could cause immense damage, especially at a redlight.
                      Working...
                      X