X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisn
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    And TMK, I don't know if chrisn ever finished the project. He may have hit a brick wall.
    Wolf
    Well that project got derailed a bit and turned into a 3 way, I'm still in the process of installing the crossovers. While I don't *think* I heard any problems with the XT25, I would still probably go with the DX25, because even the double magnet XT25 I used still needed an LCR for the impedance spike. Were I starting from scratch I'd probably choose the Peerless/Vifa/Tymphany DA25, the aluminum one with the grille. I like that tweeter.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Plain old XT25, but not the Made in Denmark line. My Denmark versions had issues playing lower.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    The Amiga uses the single magnet DX25, not the double.

Which model XT, as I know you've had several- even OEM models.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Something may have been changed on the XT. I crossed at 1950hz on an MTM back in 2012. There were no complaints or observations from the audience at IowaDIY or the in the hotel room later that night.

Anyways, the DX25BG60 is a serious tweeter.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    And TMK, I don't know if chrisn ever finished the project. He may have hit a brick wall.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Where the DX25 can reach to 1500Hz if done right, the XT25 has rising HD below 2.2kHz due to inherent operation method. It just can't do it and sound good doing so.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• NdG1977
    started a topic RS180 - Amiga DX25 vs Forbidden TX25

RS180 - Amiga DX25 vs Forbidden TX25

Paul seems to have nailed the 2-way RS180 as everybody is praising the design, but is there really that big of a difference between the DX25 and XT25?
    Looking at the specs I cannot find a reason why it shouldn't work, it actually looks like it should be better!
    I've seen the Forbidden RS180 TX25, but there is no crossover to compare...and the discussion kind of died so any news on that front?

I'm asking because I've seen that the RS180 could work in 10l sealed that's exactly the cabinet size I can fit and I happen to have a pair of XT25 (double magnet)...

Cheers!

Edit: Typos
Working...
X