• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisn
    replied
    Originally posted by NdG1977 View Post
    2 questions:

2. chrisn: Do you have the schematics of the crossovers of the forbidden?

Thanks!
    I'll have to look through the thread, I don't remember if I ever "finalized" the two way version

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    jhollander used the RS180P with the RT1.3 as well, and it won its class at MWAF that year.

My MAX are in the Photobucket link, which appears to be working now. Difficult 8" 2-way with HiVi M8A.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    commented on 's reply
    There are several designs for the RS180P, including PE's Samba TM kit, Curt Campbell's Slapshots MTM and the Supernova Minimus TM in PE's Project Gallery. PETT contributor Dezzar has a two way with the RS180P under construction, his thread's up at the moment.

The 180P sounds great and looks as cool as the RS180.

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Millar; 06-21-2021, 01:41 AM.

• NdG1977
    replied
    What about the RS180P? looks like it has a better breakup...more or less at the same freq, but with a far better and smoother roll off...
    Actually why nobody is using it?

Leave a comment:

• NdG1977
    replied
    2 questions:

1. Wolf: where can I find info on your MAX Project?

2. chrisn: Do you have the schematics of the crossovers of the forbidden?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    The aluminum Designer series 7" is a fantastic woofer, has a black cone.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I xoverd at 1650 in my MAX project; STEEP!, and used an LCR across the tweeter for the Fs comp. It never complained as I used it. Don't know how much that would change at stupid-levels, but...

It's pretty incredible at its price.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Once she hears your handiwork she'll melt like Velveeta in your arms.

• Drummer
    commented on 's reply
    This one is easy! Just say, " babe, these are my Jimmy Choo's with better sound, and they exist only to caress your entire being, with the sounds of love"! You should also have Foghat's I Just Want To Make Love To You cue'd up, with your woman seated in the sweet spot, ready to press play! Glenn.

• Drummer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Where the DX25 can reach to 1500Hz if done right, the XT25 has rising HD below 2.2kHz due to inherent operation method. It just can't do it and sound good doing so.
    Wolf
    Wolf, how well does the DX25 work when pushed to higher levels at the 1500Hz cross? Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• chrisn
    replied
    djg is right I can't argue that the RS180 looks better than the DA175, too bad they don't offer it with a black cone. The Amiga in 14l vented looks good

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Leave a comment:

• NdG1977
    replied
    Yes, I've seen them, pretty nice design, but silly motivation: non black cone... To the wife matters... Long story short I was already set for the microbes xt because of (small) size and (bad, kind of corner) position, I found a good offer on the xt25 and took them. After long negotiations and a few sketches I managed to set for beside the TV if very sexy design. I gained 5 liters allowance that sets me at approx 10/15l. will have to mod the cabinets: tall, slim and absolute max 8.5in wide, less would work. Sorry, story not very short... Got carried away... 😅 My fear was exactly about dynamicity of the microbes, I'm sure they sound great, but are they too small? Would I get a better sound from the amiga sealed? Mtm would also be a possibility, but will require some crossover work... End 2 additional drivers... Not sure is worth... Sent from my JDN2-W09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• chrisn
    replied
    The Microbes are nice, I built the original version long ago. The RS180 will move a lot more air, I don't know how it performs in a smaller box though. Have you looked at Paul's Hitmaker? About 14L I'd guess. The DA175 works well in that size sealed too (his design is vented).

https://sites.google.com/site/undefi...kers/hitmakers

Leave a comment:

• NdG1977
    replied
    Thanks for the update! It looks like the only option is going smaller with the midbass or switch to the dx25... What would you suggest? Downsize to a microbe xt, attempting a microbe xt MTM (little over budget) or go for Amiga sealed? Will be coupled with a sub and powered by a Cambridge audio Azure 351a. 50/50 movies and music in a 130sqft room, against the wall... Sorry... Open to any other suggestion. Ps I'd love the scandivifas or the stance from wolf, but woofer and tweeters are far over budget, the first for the cost of the part and the second for the shipment... Sent from my JDN2-W09 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X