Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jicafold View Post

They are messing with you. It's a joke.
    I've been rumbled. It's true, on most supercharged speakers you can run full advance all the way to max boost.
    Francis

Comment

• djg
      djg commented
      Editing a comment
      Only with a low compression ratio.

• fpitas
      fpitas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we certainly need the driver manufacturer involved here. Hopefully they'll drop by and someone from their staff of engineers will explain speaker supercharging in some technical detail. That would be a very popular thread.

Originally posted by Jicafold View Post

They are messing with you. It's a joke.
    Still think I answered his question. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

How much boost is it running? Do you have to retard the timing at full boost?
      How do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Evyn View Post

How do you do that?
        You need to tune the ECU. Maybe the driver manufacturer has software to do that, you should check with them. When you talk to them ask how they expect you to avoid detonation. Tell them they are certainly welcome to come here and explain it to all of us. Then we can help you.
        Last edited by fpitas; 06-27-2021, 06:51 AM.
        Francis

Comment

• djg
          djg commented
          Editing a comment
          Does this speaker have a knock sensor?

• fpitas
          fpitas commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point. If not, he should add one. I'd position it right by the supercharger. I've read too many horror stories about the cone blowing right across the room when there was detonation.

This thread is very interesting. With each successive answer to one of his questions the OP's understanding of the subject goes down rather than up.
        www.billfitzmaurice.com
        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
          This thread is very interesting. With each successive answer to one of his questions the OP's understanding of the subject goes down rather than up.
          Yes, trying to understand state-of the-art stuff is difficult. Still, we may all learn about the art and science of speaker supercharging. I hope the manufacturer drops by and educates us. I'm sure sales will skyrocket!
          Francis

Comment

Hahaha. Idk what the facts are but I don't think Supercharging a subwoofer is something you could just disregard as BS.
            Like .crypto sounds funny but probably works better than the last technology.
            So what are you specifically referring to?

​​​

Comment

So I think supercharging definitely has something to do with the excursion. Meaning it would definitely have an effect on the spectrum.

"Digital Designs 9915 Supercharged subwoofer EXCURSION" ​​​
              https://youtu.be/XlDRkm4BoLg

Comment

Ok. It's run its course, and the humor value is gone. I'm outa here...
                Francis

Comment

Knowing everything is foolproof.

Comment

Knowing everything is foolproof.
                    You my friend are getting downright creepy. Just saying.
                    Francis

Comment

I don't think Supercharging a subwoofer is something you could just disregard as BS.
                      ​​​
                      Au contraire, I can and will. It's advertising crapola, intended to get the attention of those with no clue whatsoever how loudspeakers work. I will say that in that endeavor they appear to have succeeded.

Ok. It's run its course, and the humor value is gone. I'm outa here.
                      I'm right behind you.
                      Last edited by billfitzmaurice; 06-28-2021, 08:06 AM.
                      www.billfitzmaurice.com
                      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Hahaha. Idk what the facts are but I don't think Supercharging a subwoofer is something you could just disregard as BS.
                        Like .crypto sounds funny but probably works better than the last technology.
                        So what are you specifically referring to?​​​
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	100
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1472103

.....dude...forget it. Superchargers, retarding the timing, detonation etc etc....are all references to these things I'm sure you've heard of, Engines. They have nothing to do with speakers....and you cannot supercharge a subwoofer....

I really hope you're just trolling everyone, but I have my doubts, please just end this thread....

Constructions: Dayton+SB 2-Way v1 | Dayton+SB 2-Way v2 | Fabios (SB Monitors)
                        Refurbs: KLH 2 | Rega Ela Mk1

Comment

Originally posted by DeZZar View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	100
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1472103
                          I really hope you're just trolling everyone, but I have my doubts, please just end this thread....

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!! It was fun for a while, but...
                          Francis

Comment

For reference: https://ddaudio.com/supercharged-flux-catapults/

Marketing gimmick, they're adding an additional small bucking magnet on the cone side of the magnet assembly. This just changes the BL spec a bit, slightly altering parameters of the driver as far as I can tell. This is by no means any magical adjustment to the woofer and the term "supercharged" is really misapplied.
                            Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                            Wogg Music
                            Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Working...
                            X