Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    Uh...sure! Make sure you richen the mixture at full boost ;)

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    You think if I got one I could tune it to my car with my Bimmercode app?

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    It's a pity, really. I was hoping he'd call the manufacturer and bug them for ECU tuning software ;)

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    As you noted, he got dumber with every post, and ignored everything we said that was useful. I vote troll.

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    Down the crapper is a better description. I've got to say it's still up in the air if the OP is a troll having a laugh or if he's actually as ignorant as his posts would indicate.

• Ray Tremblay
    replied
    Originally posted by Liberator of Magic Smoke View Post
    Best.

Thread.

Ever.
    Yeah, this one went off the rails quick.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Tremblay
    replied
    Originally posted by Evyn View Post
    Will the Subwoofer produce any bass?
    Which subwoofer do you have?

The JBL Club 5501 is a good amp. No need to replace it unless you know with certainty what improvement(s) a different amplifier will make.

Leave a comment:

• Liberator of Magic Smoke
    replied
    Best.

Thread.

Ever.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Tremblay
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post
    my amp goes to 11.
    lol!!

Leave a comment:

• Evyn
    replied
    Will the Subwoofer produce any bass?

Leave a comment:

• Evyn
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post

That was my guess. Cheap Chinese crap sold for a handsome profit. The T/S parameters may be embarrassing.
    So you never seen the parameters?

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    There's enough BS is that link to fertilize every cornfield in Kansas. There is no rare earth magnet vein running under the Nikiska Olympic 90 meter ski jump hill, and ski jumping skis don't have steel edges. That would reduce glide, and since they don't turn they don't need them. Bucking magnets don't do what they claim. If they did everyone would use them. Plus if they really wanted to have smaller, lighter motors to equal the drive energy of larger motors they'd use neo magnets. I can see why their advertising seems to target those who don't know how speakers work, because they themselves don't know how speakers work. IMO this is just one of many outfits with little to no technical expertise selling Asian imports to the unwary.
    That was my guess. Cheap Chinese crap sold for a handsome profit. The T/S parameters may be embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    There's enough BS in that link to fertilize every cornfield in Kansas. There is no rare earth magnet vein running under the Nikiska Olympic 90 meter ski jump hill, and ski jumping skis don't have steel edges. That would reduce glide, and since they don't turn they don't need them. Bucking magnets don't do what they claim. If they did everyone would use them. Plus if they really wanted to have smaller, lighter motors to equal the drive energy of larger motors they'd use neo magnets. I can see why their advertising seems to target those who don't know how speakers work, because they themselves don't know how speakers work. IMO this is just one of many outfits with little to no technical expertise selling Asian imports to the unwary.
    Last edited by billfitzmaurice; 06-29-2021, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by wogg View Post
    For reference: https://ddaudio.com/supercharged-flux-catapults/

Marketing gimmick, they're adding an additional small bucking magnet on the cone side of the magnet assembly. This just changes the BL spec a bit, slightly altering parameters of the driver as far as I can tell. This is by no means any magical adjustment to the woofer and the term "supercharged" is really misapplied.
    You've ruined a beautiful illusion Still, they do have the Transfluxial Magnetic Stimulation. You just can't ignore that!

All that BS and I still never found T/S parameters.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    For reference: https://ddaudio.com/supercharged-flux-catapults/

Marketing gimmick, they're adding an additional small bucking magnet on the cone side of the magnet assembly. This just changes the BL spec a bit, slightly altering parameters of the driver as far as I can tell. This is by no means any magical adjustment to the woofer and the term "supercharged" is really misapplied.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X