Help with Hales Concept Three project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Hales Concept Three project

Hi All! I am in need of a replacement Focal woofer , model 8KN515J-HDG for a Hales Concept Three. If I cannot find a direct replacement, would be interested in a substitute that will fit the same Focal truncated frame opening. Any leads or suggestions? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	51265158877_6d04da37a0_b.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	1471971

Whereas you *might* find a woofer that fits mechanically, and has similar T/S parameters, you would almost certainly need to rework the crossover for best results. You might have to check eBay for a Focal replacement.
    Francis

Comment

I have no problem adjusting the crossover as needed and measuring to create the most consistent response to the original design intent. What cannot be done is changing the 4" thick plaster front baffle to accommodate a woofer with a different frame.

Comment

Well, that's a refreshing attitude. Most people who come here think a driver is like a bolt. You just screw in a new one, and off you go.
        Francis

Comment

I have a pair 8V416J that I have yet to use, but can't part with them. Audax seemed to use similar frames.
          My Builds - Vigor (Nola Brio Knockoff) - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Originally posted by silverD View Post
            I have a pair 8V416J that I have yet to use, but can't part with them. Audax seemed to use similar frames.
            I'll check the specs on those. Here are the T/S specs on the HDG variant that someone provided on DIYForum 8 KN515J-HDG: Fs 26.61, Re 7.7, Qes 0.33, Qms 4.15, Qts 0.31, Sd 221.67, Vas 117.17, No 90.10, Inductance 0.9

Comment

I thought of Aurum Cantus but then noticed on looking them up that only the 5.25, 6.5 and 7" woofers
              have truncated frames from what I found at PE.

Comment

Working...
              X