Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the DS18 SLC subs listed in the flyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the DS18 SLC subs listed in the flyer?

Is this new? It looks like drivers clearly marketed to the auto sound market as they don't list the T/S parameters, just like the big box stores.

This one has T/S parameters:

DS18 SLC10S Select 10" Paper Cone Subwoofer 4 Ohm (parts-express.com)

It does say "for car audio enthusiasts on a budget", Very high Qts (0.774), mainly good for sealed or infinite baffle in hi-fi applications.
    Francis

Comment

Look deeper . . . https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs...spec-sheet.pdf

And they are offering it bundled with (OMG!) 12 AWG WIRE!!!

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
        Look deeper . . . https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs...spec-sheet.pdf

:D
        I guess if you're counting your pennies that might be significant. I'm betting the distortion specs aren't great, but a budget sub is a budget sub.
        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by dwigle View Post
          Is this new? It looks like drivers clearly marketed to the auto sound market as they don't list the T/S parameters, just like the big box stores.
          I've seen them on Amazon for awhile. Seems like a Boss or Pyle type "quality"

Comment

Obviously that's overkill for a 220w driver in a car, where the cable run would be ten feet or less, but that's what the auto sound crowd would want to use, whether they need to or not.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Is the plastic magnet wrap on there to make the magnet look bigger or to prevent ruining an auto paint job when the speaker magnet suddenly grabs a hold of the sheet-metal while trying to install the speaker?

There has to be a reason for it . . . to go along with the glitzy eye candy they possess.

Comment

Is the plastic magnet wrap on there to make the magnet look bigger or to prevent ruining an auto paint job when the speaker magnet suddenly grabs a hold of the sheet-metal while trying to install the speaker?

There has to be a reason for it . . . to go along with the glitzy eye candy they possess.
                By the super high Qts I think the magnet may not be all it could or should be. For the target market though, the driver makes lots of booming noises, which is good enough.
                Francis

Comment

Car audio subs in general place a large emphasis on cosmetics of the backside. Lot of installers mount the subs upside down.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Is the plastic magnet wrap on there to make the magnet look bigger ..
                    Eminence uses magnet covers on most of their ceramic magnet drivers, to protect them from being chipped prior to installation.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Working...
                    X