No announcement yet.

3rutu5 epic failure series - july edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keen to see how this turns out. What infill are you going for?
    Constructions: Dayton+SB 2-Way v1 | Dayton+SB 2-Way v2 | Fabios (SB Monitors)
    Refurbs: KLH 2 | Rega Ela Mk1

Comment

i had 3mm thick inner and outer walls, with 80% infill. I was going to do 100% but forgot. Last design i did i went with solid walls and it was really sturdy.

Had another issue before, didnt stick to the bed and i went down to a nice chunk of PLA stuck to the nozzle. All fixed and not too far into the print job.

Comment

I think it'll be plenty strong with 80%! Hows the print looking - any print progress pics?

Comment

appolgies to all, i have poor lighting in my garage

apparently it is 50% through the total built which is a bit light on the estimate of 2 days 5 hours, but im not going to complain

im not concerned about the stringing either, its like a mild spiders web and will disappear when i remove the two pieces from the bed.

The walls will basically print solid due to being 5mm as a minimum, and from the phantom build 5mm and thick is pretty good and sturdy, albeit going from a 2.5 inch full ranger to a 5 inch will be interesting, but at the end of the day the side walls will end up being 10-20mm thick with the timber/PLA sides.
          Attached Files

Comment

Which 3d printer is this?

Comment

I'm currently thinking of the best way to power these, would i be correct in assuming a 2x15w Dayton DTA2 class T amp module being not enough juice for a hifi woofer and full range? It was great for powering a pair of TEBM65's and loud, but not sure about pushing the friendship on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by DeZZar View Post
                Which 3d printer is this?
                Its a FLSUN QQS PRO, a delta printer. I have an Ender 3 as well, but its inconsistant with the prints and currently prints just launch off the bed mid print due to the warped bed. This has been a workhorse, but needs a bit of slicer refinement as it doesnt like spheres and some curved surfaces (glob on the dome). I just havent looked too much into it to date.

Comment

Progress shot. Peerless enclosure done, overall enclosure about half way.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Decided that running a print over night and not being sure if I had enough filament sparked.a.late night filament change.... downside was I'm all out of black
                    Attached Files

Comment

It's looking really good, though.

Comment

Please forgive the hand, the woofer had a recess for it cut into the body, but will be ultimately mounted on the side wall and it's just sitting in there
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks fantastic mate. Will the sides be 3D printed as well?

Comment

Originally posted by DeZZar View Post
                            Looks fantastic mate. Will the sides be 3D printed as well?
                            Yeah once i order those cross over bits and pieces i was going to design them one side and figure out the oriignal intent with the woofer side. I was going to 3d print the bulk of the sides and put a lip around it, so i can put a piece of timber in it. Well that was the thought at the time, i have a nice piece of 12mm thick pine that looks like it wants to go in there with minimal woodwork

I was thinking that the black PLA (once prepped and painted) would contrast the wood quite nicely fitting in with the curved timber design and black TV im sitting at.

Im not sure i can achieve the original mount for the driver as it would appear i've overlooked the overall diameter of the 5inch and you can notice it cuts into the groove. Yes i could bolt it directly to the side and make it look nice, but i would have to drop the timber side. I could rear mount the woofer as well but means i would either have to expoy the side on making any modifications difficult in the future or work out a way to get some bolts into the current print either by 3d printing and glueing some hold points or some other means. lucky this 3d printing caper takes some time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

They will end up being wider than shown and looks like I didn't get the slant I got with my previous ones, but 10 degs is what I think I did
                              Attached Files

Comment

Progress ....

Just side clipped into place with two random bolts holding the woofer in. Decided to test a plain side with no wood insert to keep the overall width down....not sure how I feel about it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X