Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ONS MMTMM Crossover Design - is something off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    I call them.

• Jeremy White
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    Ask the vendor, they are very nice people and will correct any errors they might have made.
    Unfortunately, the vendor hasn't been very responsive. Friendly - but not replying to emails.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Ask the vendor, they are very nice people and will correct any errors they might have made.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    Try the 8.2 Ohm across the tweeter and it should be louder/more present.

Leave a comment:

• ONS MMTMM Crossover Design - is something off?

Hello,

I just finished building Paul Carmody's ONS MMTMM center channel.

When I selected the kit from a competitor to this site, I chose the HiVi T-20 option.

When I received the parts, I had an 8.2 Ohm resistor across the tweeter which seemed as if it was for the Dayton ND20FA (which was an option.)

I purchased a 5.6 Ohm resistor locally and installed it in the place of the 6Ohm resistor in the schematic.

When listening to the speakers, which sound fantastic for music, seem a bit warmer then I would expect for dialog. I'm seeing a few other comments about the HiVi that also echo this. The people who used the Dayton seem much happier. I disconnected the other speakers (on accident) and only listened to the tweeter and it seemed to be quieter than I would have expected in comparison to at the same amplifier volume.

I'm wondering -

1) Was the crossover modelled to the HiVi 4 Ohm or the 8 Ohm? Perhaps PaulC used the 4Ohm in his calculations and I used the 8 Ohm?
    2) Could my choice of 5.6 instead of 6 ohms make such an impact?
    3) Is there anyway I can model the components myself with the schematic to see if something is off? Is this easy as I'm very new to crossovers?

Thoughts? Comments?

Cheers!
    -Jeremy White
Working...
X