No announcement yet.

Can I connect all these wires together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I connect all these wires together?

First crossover project I am soldering together. On the woofer circuit when there are multiple series connections, can I solder all the + and - together as I have shown in green, or must they be one after the other as shown in original in black? Meaning can I solder the + end of the Inductor, capacitor, and resistor and the two + from both woofers all together? And same same on the - end? Thank you.
    Attached Files

Yes.

Go.

Comment

Great. Because I already soldered it together like that and after I did I thought....Hmmmm....Thank you.

Comment

Absolute disaster!!! It will never work! Just kidding. Schematics are drawn that way for clarity and neatness.
        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post
          Absolute disaster!!! It will never work! Just kidding. Schematics are drawn that way for clarity and neatness.
          That's what I was thinking. I just was not absolutely sure the upstream capacitor did not affect the downstream capacitor and resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jicafold View Post

That's what I was thinking. I just was not absolutely sure the upstream capacitor did not affect the downstream capacitor and resistor.
            No, not at audio. At radio frequencies the length of connections and position of parts can matter quite a bit.
            Francis

Comment

We are all only effected by that which we allow ourselves to remain in contact with . . . stay away from negativity and you can remain positive, dude.

Keep us posted of your endeavor.

Best!

Steve.

Comment

Not to be a horse's patootie, but all those connections (technically) are "parallel" cnx.
                The woofer pair are "in parallel", and the Zobel (like thingy) is in parallel w/the woofers, as is the (shunt = "to ground") cap (3.4uF).
                The 3.7ohm resistor and the 2.7uF cap are "in series" w/the tweeter (AND w/ each other).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                  Not to be a horse's patootie, but all those connections (technically) are "parallel" cnx.
                  The woofer pair are "in parallel", and the Zobel (like thingy) is in parallel w/the woofers, as is the (shunt = "to ground") cap (3.4uF).
                  The 3.7ohm resistor and the 2.7uF cap are "in series" w/the tweeter (AND w/ each other).
                  Ah... Gotcha. My apologies.

Comment

Happy Fourth ! (for all our U.S.A. members)
                    Last edited by Chris Roemer; 07-08-2021, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X