SB29NRX75-8 vs WO24P-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB29NRX75-8 vs WO24P-4

Looking at the specs and modelling in WinISD these two drivers seem to perform almost identically for the same input voltage/Watts in a 35l closed box q=0.7.The SB29NRX75-8 has a little more headroom and obviously more cone area but the WO24P has a little less moving mass (and will extend lower in a BR box, not what I am looking for). Looking to cross at somewhere between 400hz and 800hz depending on which mid I decide on.

Anyone heard the newish SB29NRX75-8 (not the 6 ohm version) or can provide some general subjective views on the difference between the NRX and Satori cones.

Thanks for any comments in advance.

Haven't heard either, but those both look nice. The final result may come down to how good the crossover is. The SB looks a little easier to deal with in that respect.
    Francis

Comment

There'$ ab$olutely no way to de$ide !

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
        There'$ ab$olutely no way to de$ide !
        Still, "Walk Like an Egyptian" sounds best through that papyrus cone
        Francis

Comment

Thanks for the comments so far, it intrigued me that SB would release two speakers very similar performance (from a box requirement pov) without there being sonic differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugg10 View Post
            Thanks for the comments so far, it intrigued me that SB would release two speakers very similar performance (from a box requirement pov) without there being sonic differences.
            The WO24P-4 does have exotic cone material. I'm sure there are subtle sonic differences, but marketing may play a factor too. You probably can't go real wrong with either one.

Francis

Comment

The SB29 looks easier to work with, and being 8 ohm should help in a 3 way so the impedance doesn't dip real low, and being larger it might be cleaner down low. The Satori would probably handle an 800hz crossover better, but you'll have to cross it steeper to avoid its breakup.

Comment

Working...
              X