New GRS Pro woofers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kered View Post

That reminds me I still have the parts to build the Le Singe Sarcophage. I really wanted to use them in the garage I don't have . Between changing jobs and covid lumber prices it does not look too promising building one right now.
    Yeah, it put a damper on my DIY plans, as well - that and hurting my leg last year that segued into a pandemic that rippled out into lumber prices.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Relatively stiff suspension inhibited manually exercising them, so these were taken on essentially new, not broken-in drivers. My educated guess is a real break-in period would yield results very close to advertised.

I'm generally impressed. These GRS HE woofers are going to be very popular, hope PE ordered an entire container of them.

Comment

And the note - one of them looks like it has some cone sag. I'll see tomorrow if it is permanent.

Comment

Thanks for posting Johnny. Looks like a screaming deal for $40. Nice amp friendly DCR. I might pick one up to throw in my car. Might be nice in 1 c.f. Or even a bit less, stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
            ...These GRS HE woofers are going to be very popular, hope PE ordered an entire container of them.
            This is the GRS HE subwoofer as opposed to the new GRS pro woofers the OP originally posted about. Right now there is only a 12" HE subwoofer, any ideas of whether there will be others (8, 10, 15)?

Comment

Yes, the 12” HE sub is not really a “pro” woofer. Sorry to hijack the thread. But, PE had this (sub)woofer on the pro woofer product page, so thatS why I posted. Should probably be separate thread.

Comment

Working...
              X