Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Ahh, so it was made for rear mounting then.
    That explains the gasket on the front and not the back, (I wondered if it had some acoustical benefit.)

I suppose that a larger screw hole allows for a bit more flexibility for mounting options if it were to be rear-mounted as well.

Thanks for the insight fellas.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• davidB
    replied
    I have a few like that.
    If it was not plague times, we'd be visiting family around Philly, and I'd bring them to swap, but it's probably not worth the shipping to make a neater installation.

If it is, let me know(I'm sure only you will see it- it's the hobby)

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    replied
    That specific driver appears to be for rear mounting. Mine looked like this. https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.15d19923...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Maybe the large holes are to allow some slop in drilling the holes in the baffle? In any event I'd use a washer under a smallish screw.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Oh, and while I'm griping...
    ...would it have killed them to include a mounting gasket on the backside like the one they already have glued to the front? I know, I'm really nit-picking here, but you know... Dayton would have.

TomZ

Click image for larger version  Name:	DMA Backside.JPG Views:	0 Size:	257.4 KB ID:	1474333

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    started a topic Peerless/Tymphany TC9FD18-08 Mounting Question

Peerless/Tymphany TC9FD18-08 Mounting Question

To anyone who has used this driver...

I'm getting ready to begin a table radio build using this driver. It looks like it's going to work really well for my needs, almost perfect, actually.

I have one question, though. Maybe it's just me, but I wonder why Peerless made the mounting holes so dang big?
    With a driver this size, I'd usually use a #6 or even #4 as I really like the smaller screw sizes. The hole just seems really large for this size of driver.

Here is a pic with (L to R) #8, #6, and #4 screws, and the same flipped over. The #4 almost slips right through the hole and the #6 seems pretty loose. The #8 fits really well, but looks huge on the flange.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	1474329 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	390.4 KB
ID:	1474331 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screw3.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	1474330

Guess I'll go with door #6 for this one, but I just thought it was slightly odd that a 3.5" full ranger had an 8" woofer screw hole in it.

TomZ
Working...
X