X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Tom, Bridge-Tied-Load (BTL) requires that of a channel reversal in phase to make the process work.
    Wolf
    I wondered if it didn't maybe have something to do with that.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Tom, Bridge-Tied-Load (BTL) requires that of a channel reversal in phase to make the process work.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Speaker Outs APA1200DSP.JPG Views:	0 Size:	36.5 KB ID:	1474405

Impressive that it can handle 2 ohm loads per channel. I watched the video and it looks like it can really do a lot to create a smooth frequency response in the room.

Here's a devious thought: Wouldn't it be interesting to randomly take a 12" woofer, 5" midrange and 1" dome tweeter, throw them in a correctly designed (for the woofer) box, and just wire it up to one of PE's off-the-shelf, premade crossovers... and see how close to a flat frequency response this thing can create.

Also, Is it odd that the bridged output would tap into the L and R positive leads? I'm used to seeing a + Positive from one channel and a - Negative from the other channel.

EDIT: I see the Crown Pro amps use this configuration also. Wrong again, as usual.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• LOUT
    replied
    It looks like the 560wattx2 power-rating is at 2ohms:
    -"The two amplified channels can power 2 ohm, 4 ohm, and 8 ohm speakers in stereo and can be bridged to power 4 ohm speakers at 1150 watts."

It also claims 501watts RMS/[email protected]

Also claims 0.74% THD+N @ "rated" power.

Is that 8ohm/stereo wattage claim a typo?

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    commented on 's reply
    Well, like many of their other offerings, the power rating could be more than a bit optimistic, and with a price tag North of $700, it already feels a bit pricey for PE.

• wogg
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, it was kind of an "If I didn't care about money" thought. I'd also like to see less powerful versions for cheaper prices, since mids and highs do not require the power the lows or subs do in a true multi-way setup.

• Kornbread
    replied
    Stack 3 of them ... at $750??? Nope. Not me! I'll scour the sale adds for a reputable brand amp and head over to minidsp for the processing.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Yup. Where's our PE reps to tag... this spec sheet is really inadequate for DIY Audio nerds

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	285
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1474361
    Hopefully an update is in the works for later.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Yeah- stable to what impedance loads? Impedance is NOT EVEN MENTIONED!!

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    started a topic New Dayton DSP Amp

New Dayton DSP Amp

Just saw this in the email blast today:
    https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton...ssing-300-1000

Potentially very nice! Stack 3 of those for an active 3 way hell of a system! Pretty expensive though, and a lack of amplifier specifications is annoying.

Who has Right Mark Audio Analyzer and can volunteer to measure one of these things at 1W?
Working...
X