Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maynardg
    replied
    The first DIY speakers I built were his Scan the Seas. Saddened to hear he is gone.

Leave a comment:

• dwigle
    replied
    Rick was very helpful in designing a new custom xover for the Altec 604e duplex drivers. So sad, nice guy.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied
    Very sad news. Gone too soon. He was a driving force in the community.

Leave a comment:

• donc
    replied
    got to meet him in person at Lone Star Audiofest , he will be missed . bless his family .
    donc

Leave a comment:

• speekerbldr
    replied
    Godspeed Rick.

Sad to see him go.

Leave a comment:

• dst
    replied
    Most sad.

Leave a comment:

• fjhuerta
    replied
    An amazingly bright and talented person! I only met him through his posts, and I tried to learn as much from him as I could. Such sad news!

Leave a comment:

• AcidWash
    replied
    Rest in peace Rick.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Rick-Craig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	1475230

Rick was with us at the Lone Star Audio Fest 2019 https://positive-feedback.com/show-r...dio-fest-2019/

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I remember the Linus from Dayton DIY 2002...

I also fondly recall Jeff telling me the xover challenge story...

Yes- Rick will be missed.

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Jim Griffin
    replied
    My first contact with Rick was because of a common interest in line array design. We jointly designed an array and demo'ed the arrays at the Lima, Ohio event --perhaps the first MWAF event--in the first years of the 2000's.

Rick also hosted the first DIY speaker competition event at his home in North Carolina. Again early 2000's. Joint winners were Dennis Murphy and Jeff Bagby. We were impressed with Jeff's design in which he did not have to build a prototype to win but just submit a schematic which Rick cloned as Jeff's prototype.

Those were the days. We will miss Rick.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Unfortunately I never got to meet Rick but I always read his posts and appreciated his contributions. Loved the fact that he never name dropped or posted that somebody should build one of his designs. True character in my book.

Leave a comment:

• cornajatwa
    replied
    He was actually in the middle of designing speakers for me. His son offered a solution immediately after only a single day had passed. I couldn't believe it. Those drivers are very expensive and important to me and I will be very grateful for his time and patience every time I listen to them when they're completed.

Leave a comment:

• Castlesteve1
    replied
    Damn. That’s sad news. Rick was a kind guy who helped me out a couple of times. He will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I didn't know Rick well at all really, just knew of him from his work.

Hearing his mini desktop array in the hotel room at MWAF a few years ago -- the one that Kevin built the box for -- was a very cool experience though. He shared a few design tips there as well. Just a few speaker guys standing around chatting a bit, but man, you knew he really knew what he was talking about with the array concept.

I really admire you guys that are able to -- and take the time to really understand this stuff to a very high level of expertise; he was one of those guys for sure.
    Another DIY Speaker Giant gone way too soon.

My condolences to Shelia and his family.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• bixby
    replied
    RIP- I never met Rick in person but he was a kind and helpful fellow when I bought a prototype bookshelf set from him a few decades ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X