Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - connecting small boards and piggy backing LED's onto them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - connecting small boards and piggy backing LED's onto them.

Just something i'm thinking of, but not sure if i can, but i have the TP4056 charging board for my beercan project, it has two LED's which i could solder to and i'll think it should work, but i recently bought a bi colour LED diode which has 3 legs, 1 for each colour and the ground i think. As the board has two points per LED, do you think it is possible to solder the positive lead of each existing LED to the positive lead of the diode and share the gound? Thinking something similar with the amp as well as i dont think the BT light stays on permanently. Maybe for that one i can split the two.
    Attached Files

If the grounds measure as the same point electrically, and I would check them, then that's a solid maybe. I'd be worried about the LED functioning properly if both elements are required to be on at the same time, or if the current and new bicolor LEDs have different current and voltage requirements. You might need resistors at the + terminal too to limit your current.
    One minor note- these bicolor LEDs usually are milky white in off state, and not near as bright as standard elements today.

Good luck,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      If the grounds measure as the same point electrically, and I would check them, then that's a solid maybe. I'd be worried about the LED functioning properly if both elements are required to be on at the same time, or if the current and new bicolor LEDs have different current and voltage requirements. You might need resistors at the + terminal too to limit your current.
      One minor note- these bicolor LEDs usually are milky white in off state, and not near as bright as standard elements today.

Good luck,
      Wolf
      yeah good point mate, just thinking about it the BT and on light will most likely be on at the same time. Potentially the same for the charging circuit. I'll save those diodes for another project and just go the flat top singulars.

Comment

Working...
      X