• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpb
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
    Plug this into your browser's search engine:

78 RPM records sell
    Thanks for the link. I can't believe some of the prices I saw. I was hoping for $5 each, but figured there would be no interest due to lack of suitable turntables. Maybe she has a couple that would make selling worth some effort.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    I'd put them up on eBay with a reasonable reserve value. You just never know who is nostalgic and has free cash.

Leave a comment:

• Paperweight
    replied
    Pop music would be worth more than some collections I've seen that were mostly religious music. I think some turntable makers like Rega still make a 78 centric player and cartridge.

I made a wash and vacuum machine out of a common junker turntable and a lab vacuum pump. You'd be amazed what can be saved and brought back to sound good after a cleaning cycle or two. Shellac has to be cleaned with alcohol free record washes.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    At least in Oz, the vast majority of 78s are worth b - - - -r all, but there are a very few rare discs which are worth something , if in good condition. I guess it's like any other collectible in that respect.

Does your friend have a list? Might be worth spending some time having a look on line to see if any are collectible.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    Plug this into your browser's search engine:

78 RPM records sell

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    started a topic Do old 78 rpm records have any value?

Do old 78 rpm records have any value?

An elderly friend of mine wanted me to find out. She has some old pop music I think. I told her that I didn't think they would be worth selling.
Working...
X