Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buggers
    replied
    OTHER: I use whatever is available at the time.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Other... whatever I have around. Last purchase was from the hardware low voltage 14ga that was intended for landscape lighting I believe, all black with polarity marking and quite flexible.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by AcidWash View Post
    I had a buddy over this evening and I was wiring up some speakers and he called me "old school" because I was using black and red jacketed speaker wire.
    So my question is, how many of us here are old school? What wire are you using?
    Check out the poll below.
    Out of curiosity. What is the "modern" wire to use, according to your buddy?

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    I use twisted pair in a jacket, meant for in-wall use.That's because I have spools of it Although the wires inside the jacket are red and black. The 10 AWG run to the woofers is clear zipcord.
    Last edited by fpitas; 10-12-2021, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    OTHER: I use relatively inexpensive in-wall wire (Monoprice or something similar at Parts Express or Amazon) and make DIY cables with Techflex and banana plugs.

Leave a comment:

• AcidWash
    started a poll Are you "old school"? (a little OT)

Are you "old school"? (a little OT)

Red/Black Jacket
    14.29%
    White/Black
    0%
    Clear w/Polarity Marking
    52.38%
    Other
    33.33%
    I had a buddy over this evening and I was wiring up some speakers and he called me "old school" because I was using black and red jacketed speaker wire.
    So my question is, how many of us here are old school? What wire are you using?
    Check out the poll below.
Working...
X