Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for suggestions on alignment for JBL Sub 1500 drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by dynamo View Post
    Wow that is quite a nice driver!
    JBL has a history of making serious drivers. Even when I was a kid I drooled over their woofers.

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Wow that is quite a nice driver!

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    For music at reasonable levels I prefer sealed. I think the bass sounds more natural. But if you're talking going ultra-deep at high levels, vented would be better. Sealed is typically a smaller cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post
    The "best" alignment will (like usual) depend on how you're using them. Cabin Gain, room size, music vs HT etc.
    As for cabin gain, I’ll be using these in my house, room being 8 ft ceilings, and maybe 12 -15 ft wide by 20 ft long. Hoping these could be used in a multiple rooms. As to music vs HT… I have a pair of 18” Dayton Ultimax woofers that I’ll be using for the ultra low end.

So I’ll definitely want these to be as musical as possible. Obviously being as musical as possible, as much output as possible, and reaching ultra deep and at the same time being in a tiny cabinet would be the best option, of course I know that can’t happen. For me I’d say being musical is the number one priority, they’ll be paired to some very efficient speakers.

Anyone have thoughts on how these might compare to the Peerless STW-350F? I have a couple and wondered which would be better musically. Regardless I’ll use the JBLs, but I could use them in a different setup.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied
    Originally posted by davidroberts View Post
    Still kicking myself as I am sure others are for not picking these up when PE had them for sale.
    Yeah unfortunately I didn’t even know about them when they were for sale. I’ll say I’ve been lucky in acquiring the ones I have, if I can locate one more I’ll have my quad and will be good… but then I’ll need back ups in case anything happens to the ones I currently have. My quest will never end.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    The "best" alignment will (like usual) depend on how you're using them. Cabin Gain, room size, music vs HT etc.

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied
    Thank you, I’ll model it and see what you folks think.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• davidroberts
    replied
    Still kicking myself as I am sure others are for not picking these up when PE had them for sale.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...roject-Array#9

Leave a comment:

• saabracer23
    replied
    I would, know of where I can find the t/s parameters?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Model it.

Leave a comment:

• Looking for suggestions on alignment for JBL Sub 1500 drivers.

I’ve collected a few of these JBL Sub 1500 (W1500H) drivers that PE sold sometime back and I’m ready to do something with them. JBL used them in the Synthesis 1500 Array BG sub which is ported and also in the S2S-EX. Both being ported. Then I see they’re also used in then Revel Ultima Sub 15. This was a smaller sealed box. I can’t say for sure, but I assume there was some boost used in the low end to make its response flat.

Anyways, I was hoping that maybe some of you folks familiar with these might give me suggestion on what alignment would be best as it appears that it works in both.

Thank you,
    Dan
Working...
X