Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Muti-pole disconnectable Terminal Blocks . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Muti-pole disconnectable Terminal Blocks . . .

Something like this --> https://www.parts-express.com/Phoeni...4-Pack-091-372

Only I need both the male [linked ^ above] and the female [speaker cabinet-input/amp-output panel - mounted] component as well.

Application:

3-way DSP/Amp output > speaker connections - these will be panel/and cabinet mounted.

12 AWG ground-, 12 AWG woofer+, 16 AWG Mid+ and 16 AWG Tweeter+.

Thanks in advance . . .

If you're looking for the mate to that connector, look up Phoenix Contact 1786190.

I believe a panel mount version would be 1098052, but I'm not 100% sure that's the exact mate.

If you're looking for a 4-pin panel mount speaker connector, why not use a 4 pole Speakon?

Comment

An 8-pole SpeakON would work. https://www.parts-express.com/Neutri...-Mount-092-051
      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Also... What amplifier are you using? Are you positive that all 3 channels of your amplifier are single-ended outputs and have a common ground? If not, then you would need to use 6 contacts or more to keep the negatives separated, such as the 8-pole that jhollander recommended. If the amplifiers have differential/bridged outputs, then tying them together would short out 3 halves of the amplifiers and likely cause damage.

Comment

Great point ^ 1100xxben!

I shall go take a continuity check later this evening.
          For now these are 3 channel @ 200 W/Ch Class D, T amps.

Comment

• Steve Lee
            Steve Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Output grounds (-) are definitely floating - NOT COMMON to each other.

Whatever you desire.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=amp...ages&ia=images

Comment

• Steve Lee
            Steve Lee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the ideas!

Actually, Wolf's Neutrik suggestion would be better than trying to wade through the thousands of Amphenol variants. A very deep dive into Newark or Digi Key catalogs. Cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
            Actually, (Wolf's) 1100xxben's Neutrik suggestion would be better than trying to wade through the thousands of Amphenol variants. A very deep dive into Newark or Digi Key catalogs. Cheaper too.
            I still haven't decided what I will wind up settling upon for a final set of speakers so I will probably just use simple terminal strips and forked crimps on a bunch of speaker builds for a few years.

Having too many drivers available and this DSP unit and a 6 channel amp is going to keep me busy for the rest of my life, I hope.

Comment

I find this 12-pole connector panel cheap and easy to use with banana plugs.
              Last edited by TroyH; 11-08-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ligs View Post
                I find this 12-pole connector panel cheap and easy to use with banana plugs.
                Interesting idea - and so obvious that I had over-looked it in the past.

Thanks - this concept would work on the back of the amp and back of the speakers . . .
                Last edited by TroyH; 11-08-2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Both front and back sides accept banana( and double banana) plugs. Gold plated too!

Comment

I found the perfect solution for my needs thanks to your suggestion - affordable, too.

Thanks again, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X