Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcibel
    replied
    I’d be surprised if someone could reliably tell the difference between the old Vifa DX25 and the “new” scan D2604. The 8330 model has slightly higher sensitivity over the 8300, that’s about it.

Leave a comment:

• tktran
    replied
    This beastly tweeter XT/DX 25BG60 looks interesting. Though I can’t find it easily down under. Has anyone compared the Scan version D2604/8330?

I recall someone complaining about low consistency and plastic faceplate, but I can’t recall where ( diy_audio?) or whether it was the D2604/8300

Leave a comment:

• Colonel7
    commented on 's reply
    Got it! Thanks for the help

• Wolf
    replied
    Craig is not wrong. The detail from the 1.3 is exceptional, and it is better at 3k, but 2.6k is not too far south.
    You will likely need a 4th order electrical on them though.

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    3kHz LR4 is even better for the RT1.3WE. I've used it in two different projects and love it. The Beast Mode for $2 less can easily play an entire octave lower, which really opens it up for use with a lot more woofers (ie larger). I do think it gives up a bit on the finer details above 4 kHz compared to the RT1.3WE. That's totally subjective and probably biased though

Leave a comment:

• Colonel7
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Wolf

• Wolf
    replied
    The RT1.3 prefers 2.6k+.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Colonel7
    replied
    So I was gifted an XT25BG60 and the RT1.3WE. What are good crossover points for the RT1? Looks like 2300-2400Hz minimum avoids distortion for the XT. Thanks for suggestions

Leave a comment:

• Ron_E
    commented on 's reply
    Great tweeter but I don't think it's available from PE. You can find them in Wisconsin.

Ron

• Wolf
    replied
    DX20 is cheap and very nice.
    XT25SC90 is also good in this range.
    XT19 is also good.
    ND25FA4

You get a lot of options when you go higher. This list could be huge for 3.5k+.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tom_s
    replied
    How about the SB19ST? Ron E used them in his 3-way Iron Driver entry in 2018. I thought they sounded great at Iowa DIY.

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    commented on 's reply
    I would add, the da25bg is efficient and can take a ton of power. Have it mated with a Gradient Axis 6.5" mid crossed fairly low, and it has no problem keeping up. Personally, I also like the xt25tg. Have not used the xt25bg. IMO, it has a more refined sound than the da25. They have more differences than that, but to me, that's what sticks out the most. Have the rst28a in a current build. IMO, it's somewhere in between the other two tweeters. It's a more refined sound than the da25d but not xt25 refined. Again, these are not the only differences, just the ones that stick out most in my memory.

• Colonel7
    replied
    Thinking about this more, Any ones to add in this budget specifically crossing higher (3.5-5.5k) as in a 3-way?

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Beast Mode all day. Does everything well, some things great, nothing poorly, and has a great price point.

Leave a comment:

• Colonel7
    replied
    Thanks for all of the recommendations guys. More added to my list

Leave a comment:

Working...
X