X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by grampi50 View Post

I was on a chat with a PE customer service person yesterday and the only unit he could recommend to me from PE was a Bellari PP532, which is only a passive unit, not a line driver. Do you have a link, or an item number for any of these devices?
    Type CleanBox in the zearch bar.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied

Did you read my post where I stated my sound bar has a sub out? That is a line level output just like the sub out from an AVR.
    It is not the same as the LFE/Sub output of an AVR. For one thing an AVR can adjust the outputs to all the speakers and the LEF/Sub output independently. Most AVRs also boost the LFE/Sub output by 10dB.That's why I asked if you have an AVR. I guess not.

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    ART has several line driver combos that PEsells.
    Wolf
    I was on a chat with a PE customer service person yesterday and the only unit he could recommend to me from PE was a Bellari PP532, which is only a passive unit, not a line driver. Do you have a link, or an item number for any of these devices?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    There is also a Talent model.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    ART has several line driver combos that PEsells.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    Originally posted by wogg View Post
    Just give us the brand and model of the sound bar rather than a link. That will help determine if it has an acceptable output for the sub amp and not annoy our hosts with a link to a competing retailer.

Chances are that line level booster will help, but there may be other options.
    The sound bar is a Yamaha YAS-109...in case my link gets deleted again, the line driver I'm considering is the LGB-1 made by a company called Home Theater Direct. I tried to find a line driver from PE, but they don't sell them anymore...

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post

Which is it? The first piece of gear you need for a home theater install, other than a TV, is an AVR. If you don't have one that's the source of the problem.
    Posting links to other retailers is not allowed.
    Did you read my post where I stated my sound bar has a sub out? That is a line level output just like the sub out from an AVR.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Just give us the brand and model of the sound bar rather than a link. That will help determine if it has an acceptable output for the sub amp and not annoy our hosts with a link to a competing retailer.

Chances are that line level booster will help, but there may be other options.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    The source should be the LFE/Sub output of your AVR.
    It is.
    I have just a sound bar and the sub.
    Which is it? The first piece of gear you need for a home theater install, other than a TV, is an AVR. If you don't have one that's the source of the problem.
    the link I posted in my last post disappeared for some reason,
    Posting links to other retailers is not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    Could you give details of your system, it may clarify the situation. Do you have just a soundbar (and new sub), or other components such as a home theater receiver, other speakers besides the soundbar (and new sub)?
    I have just a sound bar and the sub. I didn't want one of the sound bars that come with a sub because those subs are small and not powerful enough for a large living room, which is what I have. So I bought a sound bar that has a preamp sub out so I could connect my own sub. I see the link I posted in my last post disappeared for some reason, so I'll post it again.

Last edited by TroyH; 11-22-2021, 12:02 PM. Reason: Links to competitors prohibited

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Could you give details of your system, it may clarify the situation. Do you have just a soundbar (and new sub), or other components such as a home theater receiver, other speakers besides the soundbar (and new sub)?

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    I'm gonna try this device:
    Last edited by TroyH; 11-19-2021, 05:36 PM. Reason: Competitor links prohibited

Leave a comment:

• grampi50
    replied
    Originally posted by craigk View Post
    Are the drivers wired correctly
    It's one SCV sub, and yes.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    just measure across the lines w/a DMM. Play a 40Hz tone if you like (or whatever's appropriate).

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied
    Are the drivers wired correctly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X