Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jicafold
    replied
    Playing around a bit more it got even worse....This was using the values from one of those cheap 2 way crossovers sold on Amazon. I imagine like LOUT says, just ignore it.

Attached Files
    Last edited by TroyH; 01-03-2022, 10:26 PM. Reason: Links to competitors prohibited

Leave a comment:

• Jicafold
    replied
    ? I used the standard files posted on Parts Express. But here they are...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Care to post your .frd files?

Leave a comment:

• LOUT
    replied
    I agree it looks like there are some drastic jumps in the phase response that probably shouldn't be there.
    If the rest of it is good and you just need to get rid of those spikes, you can open the FRD in NotePad and delete the little spikey bits (delete all three parts of the line at once...Frequency, DB, and Phase) where you see drastic changes near those problem spots. It'll give a little false smoothing, but should only be for those tiny bits.

Some of the Dayton tweeter FRDs have this same problem.

You also might want to try switching polarity of one of the drivers to see if the response can add together where they overlap instead of canceling like they appear to be.

Leave a comment:

• Jicafold
    replied
    It appears that it is some type of interaction between the 2 drivers. Hmmm. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• DeZZar
    replied
    This looks more like the manufacturers FRD plot rather than a measurement - correct me if I'm wrong. Did you run the FRD file through a simulator for baffle step/diffraction or something?

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    You should describe your measurement procedure in detail. Those look like some kind of "artifact" either in the measurement process or the data-processing. I've had some spikes like that appear when extracting minimum phase using Jeff Bagby's program, but not a lot and not in that frequency range.

PWRRYD just built a two way using the GF180-4 and commented that they were easy to work with.
    New GF180-4 two way project

Leave a comment:

• Jicafold
    started a topic Dayton Audio GF180-4 Graph

Dayton Audio GF180-4 Graph

So playing around with the graphing for the new Dayton Audio GF180-4....why does it look like it's having a major myocardial infarction? There are so many drastic variations in the FRD its difficult to work with.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jicafold; 12-29-2021, 08:45 PM.
Working...
X