X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rvsixer
    replied
    Originally posted by bbeam83 View Post
    This was a post from 2012 so manufacturing might've changed, but I thought it deserved a mention as the OP did a polarity test on the tweeter. Sorry it's a month late as well!!
    Wow I got quoted almost 10 years later !!!

Leave a comment:

• bbeam83
    replied
    Originally posted by rvsixer View Post
    Re: Vifa XT25SC90-04 Polarity

Okay finally at the bottom of this:
    Madisound website: XT25SC90-04 small tab (+)
    Tymphany support: XT25SC90-04 small tab (-), XT25SC40/50 small tab (+)
    Tymphany manufacturing: XT25SC90-04 large tab marked blue (-)

And my actual polarity test:
    XT25SC90-04 small tab verified (-)

Special thanks to the Tymphany reps who gave actual and correct info. Hopefully they can pass that on to manufacturing to get the terminals marked/marked correctly (...and also Madisound corrects their website info).
    This was a post from 2012 so manufacturing might've changed, but I thought it deserved a mention as the OP did a polarity test on the tweeter. Sorry it's a month late as well!!

Leave a comment:

• Neptune 1
    replied
    The Small terminal is the positive , Large terminal is Neg . My neg terminal has a blue strip on it too , like others have stated .

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    In a private message I sent to Neptune 1 on December 31, I attached the data sheet I found on that "other" site where it's clearly stated that the smaller terminal is positive.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• davidB
    replied
    Blue stripe here, too. I'll check any other newish Tymphany pieces to see if that's a standard for them.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    Geoff has confirmed what I found and stated in Post #2.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    replied
    I don't have them any more, but mine had a blue stripe on the larger terminal, maybe that means "negative"; I was also confused, so tried connecting it each way; the smaller terminal is positive, the opposite to normal

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Neptune 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Im pretty sure they are marked in the plastic. Ill go take a look at mine....
    Wolf
    Thanks , I looked pretty hard but didn't see anything . would love to know for sure .

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Im pretty sure they are marked in the plastic. Ill go take a look at mine....
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    According to a data sheet for this tweeter the small terminal is the positive one. I found this on a competitor's site (starts with an M) and cannot give you a link therefore.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Peerless by Tymphany XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator Tweeter

OK this question may show what a nube I am but on this tweeter there is no + or - designation just a skinny tab and a wider tab . How do I know which is + and - ?
Working...
X