Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the BSC be removed from the Lineup R44 crossover (schematic included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the BSC be removed from the Lineup R44 crossover (schematic included)

Hi all, I'm finally getting around to putting some long ago acquired projects together. I'd like to make in in wall version of the R44. I searched the numerous threads at HTG documenting the Lineup series. The original series has 5 versions, I found some versions with BSC tweaks but not the R44 w/o BSC. I'm hoping this can be easily achieved.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R44crossover_zpsc14347b0.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1480835
    Attached Files
    Thanks,
    Aaron

drivers?
    (don't make me do too much work - to try to help you ;-} )

Comment

I'm not (currently) an HTGuider. Anyway, I THINK that's a CD2.0? (which I've got no data on)
    Looking at the CD1 and CD3, I'm not sure Jed has any BSC on this design (if so, maybe only a couple dB or so??).
    Typically, you can see the BSC in the 100-1000Hz range. Just looking at the W4 pair (w/the filter), they look pretty dang flat up to an Fc near 3k or so.
    You could always try it, and if the ribbons were too quiet, you could unpad them a couple dB.

Comment

Aaron, following djg's link on 09-28-2008 10:49 PM if I read it correctly Jed tells Gusta there is no bsc in the R44.

Comment

Thank you for the help guys. Sorry for the lack of replies after I posted. I was doing fine fighting COVID until the morning after I posted. I think that was three days ago, yeesh. Worst sore throat of my life for two days. I'm feeling much better now so hopefully the worst of it has passed, trying to make sure I'm properly hydrated currently.
        Thanks,
        Aaron

Comment

There's a "drop the bass" joke in here somewhere.

Glad you made it through Covid.
          Francis

Comment

Working...
          X