Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here build car speakers using drivers from PE ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neptune 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post

And if it isn't illegal, it should be!
    Wolf
    I agree ! I would never use them while driving . I do see it all the time . I don't like earbuds at all though .

Leave a comment:

• Neptune 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Blenton View Post
    Which drivers are you looking at? The Dayton RSSHO and RSSHO-DVC are popular, as were the Ultimax for a while. I have an HO-DVC that was going in my wife's care but haven't had time to make that happen. From what I've gleaned from the inter-webs, they do great, sound great, but don't like extreme heat (most drivers don't, either, but the adhesive used on some of the RSS drivers seems to be a little more susceptible to extremes. Also, they can be a little power hungry. Else, I've heard lots of praise for them in autosound applications.

The Dayton MaxX series of drivers seem to be geared a little more towards car audio. I would love to try one out. Still may..
    I am in Florida , so extreme heat is an issue . I haven't looked at any drivers just looking for suggestions .

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post

I can't speak for every US state, but any sort of in-ear or headphones is illegal to wear when driving in IL.
    And if it isn't illegal, it should be!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Originally posted by JRT View Post

Consider using In Ear Monitors (IEMs, aka ear buds). Be sure to look at what is offered at DROP (was called Massdrop).
    I can't speak for every US state, but any sort of in-ear or headphones is illegal to wear when driving in IL.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied
    I used the budget 8R 15’s, peerless 8” nomex and some tweeter(slipping my mind) in my single cab ram and it’s a banger

Leave a comment:

• JRT
    replied
    Originally posted by Neptune 1 View Post
    I may Install some new drivers and or build some speakers for my work van . Any advice ?
    Consider using In Ear Monitors (IEMs, aka ear buds). Be sure to look at what is offered at DROP (was called Massdrop).

Leave a comment:

• Blenton
    replied
    Which drivers are you looking at? The Dayton RSSHO and RSSHO-DVC are popular, as were the Ultimax for a while. I have an HO-DVC that was going in my wife's care but haven't had time to make that happen. From what I've gleaned from the inter-webs, they do great, sound great, but don't like extreme heat (most drivers don't, either, but the adhesive used on some of the RSS drivers seems to be a little more susceptible to extremes. Also, they can be a little power hungry. Else, I've heard lots of praise for them in autosound applications.

The Dayton MaxX series of drivers seem to be geared a little more towards car audio. I would love to try one out. Still may..

Leave a comment:

• Does anybody here build car speakers using drivers from PE ?

I may Install some new drivers and or build some speakers for my work van . Any advice ?
Working...
X