Design of next project - 3D Print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design of next project - 3D Print

A while ago i mentioned redesigning an old school Sharp Ghettoblaster. Its been a part time design project whilst i have one of the big printers fixed. The design is true to the original size, but obviously need to look at volumes for the Visaton drivers.

The questions i have is around the Dayton Audio charging boards and a couple of ideas around using a raspberry PI and a DA or Sure 2x50w BT amp.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton...otecti-325-212

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton...rotect-325-201

I know the board i was will charge on its own, but wondering if any have also used a buck converter down to 5v and a RPI run both. I also wasnt sure if i could use a switch to toggle between BT and an audio in to choose what i actually want to do.

Im probably biting off more than i can chew, but do like a challenge.
    Attached Files

Ha, very cool! What Gen'Xer wouldn't want one of these in the garage?
    ~Brandon 8O
    Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
    Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
    DriverVault
    Soma Sonus

Comment

• 3rutu5
      3rutu5 commented
      Editing a comment
      The imagination is running wild on this, trying to find a spectrum analyzer that's around 300mm long and 40mm high to put at the top, then there was the raspberry pi, also looked Physical EQ....but then I want it to run off a battery, which will sacrifice internal volume lol, it really is a rubix cube

Considering I'm using W 130 X - 2 X 4 OHM as the woofer and it looks like it would be in a 0.13 - 0.14cuft enclosure (ea) and tuned to a F3 in the late 40's, would it be recommended to try and match a PR (or two) or go a port? Not having done any speakers over 3.5inch before I must admit I'm in virgin territory, so far I was looking at a 40mm port around 420mm long, which seems big and might chew up that internal volume? A little unsure

Comment

As the dual voice coil woofer is proving hard to actually model, i was considering using the PACTO design that Visaton currently uses, where they cross a FR58 around 250hz.I know it would be better to try a design myself, but have tried and failed. I think that the FR58 is in a sealed enclosure.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your first larger-woofer build AND a series cross-over? Cool!
        My first 2way build

Comment

Working...
        X