Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banningr
    replied
    Not sure if this matters but I'm not planning an open baffle, just separate identical drivers front and rear in a common enclosure.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    Technically you still have a baffle impact but the dipole peak and roll off continues past the step. You can see this with "Edge" program. There is still a need to flatten the driver frequency response to improve the sound.

Leave a comment:

• johnny5jz
    replied
    You don't necessarily have baffle step in an open baffle. What you do have is a 6db per octave drop in low end response depending on the size of your baffle. The bigger the baffle, the lower this frequency will be. You will also have a dipole peak at the frequency where the rear waves sum to the front waves, and this is also dependent on the baffle size. There are many online calculators that can help you with this.

Leave a comment:

• banningr
    started a topic BSC in a dipolar speaker

BSC in a dipolar speaker

I am planning to build my first dipole speakers and would like to know what effect this has (if any) on baffle step compensation. If there is still a need and it differs from that of a monopole, is there some formula to predict? Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Working...
X