Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop buying ANYTHING you do not ABSOLUTELY need . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    I swear certain parts since last week have gone up a buck. I had my eye on part that I swear was around 8 something around a week ago and this week its 9 something.

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied
    My ulcer pills have made me un-hungry (is that a word?) enough that I've lost nearly 30 lbs. but I'm still buying food. I'm retarded too and the electric keeps goin' up, the water keeps goin' up, the gas keeps goin' up, HumalinR keeps goin' up and I've CUT my usage of everything!!! I've got an idear! Let's stop buying politicians!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm retired - what has the hour of the day got to do with the times in which we live?

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

I'm remodeling parts of my new house. Wood and MDF have gone up noticably, which would affect speaker builders. Craft beer prices have been relatively unaffected.

I've seen similar posts though on other audio forums about prices, inflation, etc. Nothing mysterious, supply and demand! Alfred Marshall set out in 1890 which resolved some of the paradoxes of a labor theory of value (espoused by Adam Smith, David Ricardo and Karl Marx).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Marshall
    Supply and demand yes, but to some degree people do also get used to paying more. In time someone will lower their prices and try to grab up the market, but that takes a while.

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post
    Maybe the stuff I buy is weird (yeah ok, it is) but the prices really haven't been affected. I suspect they mainly are jacking up prices on "consumer" goods. And yes, they'll stay high if they can still move product.
    I'm remodeling parts of my new house. Wood and MDF have gone up noticably, which would affect speaker builders. Craft beer prices have been relatively unaffected.

I've seen similar posts though on other audio forums about prices, inflation, etc. Nothing mysterious, supply and demand! Alfred Marshall set out in 1890 which resolved some of the paradoxes of a labor theory of value (espoused by Adam Smith, David Ricardo and Karl Marx).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Marshall

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    4:40 AM, right.

OTOH, if the Bilderbergers read this you're toast.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Maybe the stuff I buy is weird (yeah ok, it is) but the prices really haven't been affected. I suspect they mainly are jacking up prices on "consumer" goods. And yes, they'll stay high if they can still move product.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    I tried that but I couldn't hold-out very long!

Bought a bandsaw so I could afford wood from the firewood-pile to make speakers . . .

:D

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    I gave up on food. I'm saving a lot of money!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    Reasons not to respond to the ^ above:

1. She might read this
    2. PE will delete this thread as it doesn't comport with their sales/marketing model
    3. I won't get to buy those Polk Audio MM 652 coaxial speakers I have been interested-in
    4. If we keep buying at today's' increasing prices the products will become unaffordable due to the 'New Normal' pricing and never come back down

Leave a comment:

• AcidWash
    replied
    Did your wife get into your account?

Leave a comment:

• Stop buying ANYTHING you do not ABSOLUTELY need . . .

Word of advice.

We are living in criminal times.

Working...
X