Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rutu5
    replied
    damn it.....you guys have made sense..That W130x 2x4 build is a dual, im using the series crossover, but dont know how i put it in to WiniSD.....didnt think of that.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Typo?

You can even tailor a DVC's "Q" by driving one coil and using resistance across the other (if you had to fit a certain driver into a certain box, for instance).

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Reputable manufacturers will provide data for coils in series or in parallel.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied

Who buys a dual voice coil woofer or subwoofer and only uses one coil?
    Last edited by PWR RYD; 01-28-2022, 05:12 PM. Reason: Unnecessarily harsh, sorry

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
    The MAIN thing about DVCs (AFA box size and extension are concerned) is that IF you used only a single coil, "Q"s (Qes, and therefore Qts) nearly double.
    Since Q affects both Vb/Cb AND F3, a single coil will typically double the required box size (but F3 should also drop, substantially).
    Thanks Chris for the explenation

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    The MAIN thing about DVCs (AFA box size and extension are concerned) is that IF you used only a single coil, "Q"s (Qes, and therefore Qts) nearly double.
    Since Q affects both Vb/Cb AND F3, a single coil will typically double the required box size (but F3 should also drop, substantially). - sgc
    Last edited by Chris Roemer; 01-27-2022, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aarond
    replied
    "Probably" use the final impedance that you want to achieve. Depending on what you want to model it likely won's make any difference.

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    started a topic Winisd dual voice coil

Winisd dual voice coil

Hi, i want to model a dual voice coil sub, do i just put in 2 ohm for 4 ohm + 4 ohm parallel or do i have to do something different for modeling this?

Thanks
Working...
X