OT: Brrrr...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Brrrr...!

I'm in Hilliard, OH, near Columbus. Last night's low was forecasted to be in the single digits, and after I got up today and headed to the kitchen, the outside temperature was reading 1 degree F. That was definitely a single digit! But it warmed up today to a sizzling 17 degrees.
    Paul

Hit -1 for sure here in NE Indiana, and I hear just south of us registered -9 and a record low.

It's supposed to be above 20 just once this week, and all lows are in single digits to either side of 0.

Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Wimps. It was -17 F here last night.

Comment

I've seen 2 occurances where the temp in the car read -20*, years 2010 and 2018. When it's that cold, everything feels stiff/solid/rigid, and nature basically ceases to function outside. You see no birds or anything.

Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

It was -15 here this morning and warmed up to 25. Crazy Minnesota weather. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't get as cold as that in Melbourne, where of course it's summer and we have the opposite problem: every day this week has been over 32 degrees C (about 92F) with nights around 20-26 degrees, not much fun as we don't have air-con. Apart from making the Australian Open Tennis somewhat of an endurance test, it's terrible weather for speaker building or jobs like sanding and painting.

Still, we have it easy as Perth is getting up around 40C this week.

Geoff

Comment

• 3rutu5
              3rutu5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its funny with the various weather around the states. In QLD we are in the 30's but its humid/muggy, but when i lived in perth back in the 80-90's the 30's and 40's days was a dry heat. .... Not sure what these temps the Americans feel like, worst i've had it was 0 degrees C.

And I thought the 8 degrees this morning in Leesburg VA was cold.
            Francis

Comment

• billfitzmaurice
              billfitzmaurice commented
              Editing a comment
              It's 6 degrees outside my house now, 11AM. It was ten below at 7AM. Thanks to climate change the jet stream is AFU, so the eastern half of the US is getting what used to stay up in Saskatchewan. Meanwhile it's 21 degrees in Anchorage, Alaska.

It's 58 and sunny here in California! The state may be getting flushed down the toilet but at least the weather is good as we circle down the turd pipe!

Comment

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
              of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
              - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
              A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
              (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

A while back I was working in a NATO office with a number of allied navy officers, and when we were experiencing a really cold snap due to the polar vortex (actually the polar vortex breaking down) I went to the Canadian Lt. Commander and told him we surrender, they can have their air back.
                I can't believe that 40 years ago working in Denver I would wait for the bus when it was -17F, now being outside when it is below freezing my fingers and toes freeze even with extra-heavy duty boots and gloves.
                It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

It gets worse, Matt.

Go to a school reunion and you will find that someone has replaced all your classmates with old people!

Comment

Down in Texas we where high 60's today, mid 70's tomorrow and then forecasting below freezing the next day. Constant weather rollercoaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                      I'm in Hilliard, OH, near Columbus. Last night's low was forecasted to be in the single digits, and after I got up today and headed to the kitchen, the outside temperature was reading 1 degree F. That was definitely a single digit! But it warmed up today to a sizzling 17 degrees.
                      Paul
                      Hey Paul. Stay safe!

Comment

• Paul K.
                        Paul K. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey Maynard, I will. Just a couple of days ago I mentioned your name to another of our fellow hobbyists regarding that pair of Hiquphon tweeters I got from you years ago. I hope you are doing well.
                        Paul

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                      Paul
                      One of the perks of retirement is viewing winter from the warm side of the window! I'm thankful for functional furnaces!

We got 12" snow yesterday, I did venture out to clear the drive and walks but that was all I needed to do

Comment

• Paul K.
                        Paul K. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Our main snow wave hasn't arrived yet but is predicted to be 4-6" when it's done. Right now we have ice covered by a light snow with freezing rain lightly falling. As long as we don't get power outages from iced-up power lines, I'm good.
                        Paul
                    Working...
                    X