No announcement yet.

Why did I not discover these before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17k for a power cable. Holy sh*t I might just have to unretire and start selling cables. I did like how they mentioned R&D, guess that's researching and developing products to sell to idiots

Comment

They have an RCA cable for $100,000. Holy crap!!! Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

More wonderful stuff:

https://highfidelitycables.com/produ...40216042569903
        “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

• Geoff Millar
          Geoff Millar commented
          Editing a comment
          What??!!

That's (almost) unbelievable: you could buy two or three good cars for that - or help some people in need.....

Geoff

***Troll on*** Just because you guys can't hear the difference, and can't afford the stuff, you have to mock those who can! ***Troll off***
        Francis

Comment

• fpitas
          fpitas commented
          Editing a comment
          Sheesh. Next time I'll make my trolling less obvious ;)

• Blenton
          Blenton commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait, you guys aren't being serious.... are you??

Cables can make a difference, but only if they are deliberately engineered incorrectly. Some of them roll off the highs (which can help fix problems typical in quite a few high end speakers - looking at you BW and Wilson), etc. I think the high end customers buy kind of crappy speakers and then spend many thousands more swapping cables, DAC's, etc chasing a fix for a poorly engineered speaker or a crappy room (we have all seen a lot of pictures of $100,000 speakers in rooms with dozens of reflective surfaces).

I think that is why DIY'ers rarely have concerns over cables - we just generally have better engineered speakers than the high end offers. High end all chase a house sound and compromise baffle geometry etc.

Anyways, I love a good looking cable.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Yeah, a DIYer can easily make nice cables. And you're right, with notable exceptions the speaker manufacturers have other concerns than the best sound.
          Francis

Comment

I wonder how many of the crazy expensive products (not counting the homemade one-off scams) are simply part of a money laundering scheme.
            My first 2way build

Comment

Originally posted by LOUT View Post
              I wonder how many of the crazy expensive products (not counting the homemade one-off scams) are simply part of a money laundering scheme.
              Lol I hope you're right. In any event, if these clowns sell even one snake-oil cable they're probably set for the year.
              Francis

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                Cables can make a difference, but only if they are deliberately engineered incorrectly. .
                Yep. Copper zip cord of adequate gauge gives as good as it gets results. The only thing so-called 'improvements' can do is to make it worse. I can just imagine what's inside those do-dads on those $150k cables. Chances are it's just wire.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
                www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

I don't see how that "clamp" could work in "changer" mode?

Comment

The only clear improvement I know of for speaker cables (RF termination) is routinely ignored by audiophiles, I suspect because it's 1) almost free, 2) doesn't require expensive cable, and 3) they don't understand it anyway:

Loudspeaker Cable Characteristic Impedance (sound-au.com)

Francis

Comment

Working...
                    X