Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    When he sells those that guy must skip to the bank laughing the whole way. And the article trying so hard to believe and make excuses for them is amazing.

• Blenton
    commented on 's reply
    Wait, you guys aren't being serious.... are you??

• Blenton
    commented on 's reply
    Oooohhhhh... shnazzy! I'ma hafta build me a set of them.

• Blenton
    commented on 's reply
    If you are having troubles with the coasters, it's cuz most folks use them incorrectly; coasters go ON TOP of the drink, not underneath it. Trust me, I have much experience with coasters and voodoo.... er, rather, using coasters to defeat voodoo.. I don't dabble in voodoo personally - just been around people that do...

• fpitas
    replied
    The only clear improvement I know of for speaker cables (RF termination) is routinely ignored by audiophiles, I suspect because it's 1) almost free, 2) doesn't require expensive cable, and 3) they don't understand it anyway:

Loudspeaker Cable Characteristic Impedance (sound-au.com)

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    I don't see how that "clamp" could work in "changer" mode?

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Cables can make a difference, but only if they are deliberately engineered incorrectly. .
    Yep. Copper zip cord of adequate gauge gives as good as it gets results. The only thing so-called 'improvements' can do is to make it worse. I can just imagine what's inside those do-dads on those $150k cables. Chances are it's just wire.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by LOUT View Post
    I wonder how many of the crazy expensive products (not counting the homemade one-off scams) are simply part of a money laundering scheme.
    Lol I hope you're right. In any event, if these clowns sell even one snake-oil cable they're probably set for the year.

Leave a comment:

• LOUT
    replied
    I wonder how many of the crazy expensive products (not counting the homemade one-off scams) are simply part of a money laundering scheme.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Yeah, a DIYer can easily make nice cables. And you're right, with notable exceptions the speaker manufacturers have other concerns than the best sound.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Cables can make a difference, but only if they are deliberately engineered incorrectly. Some of them roll off the highs (which can help fix problems typical in quite a few high end speakers - looking at you BW and Wilson), etc. I think the high end customers buy kind of crappy speakers and then spend many thousands more swapping cables, DAC's, etc chasing a fix for a poorly engineered speaker or a crappy room (we have all seen a lot of pictures of $100,000 speakers in rooms with dozens of reflective surfaces).

I think that is why DIY'ers rarely have concerns over cables - we just generally have better engineered speakers than the high end offers. High end all chase a house sound and compromise baffle geometry etc.

Anyways, I love a good looking cable.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    Sheesh. Next time I'll make my trolling less obvious ;)

• fpitas
    replied
    ***Troll on*** Just because you guys can't hear the difference, and can't afford the stuff, you have to mock those who can! ***Troll off***

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    commented on 's reply
    What??!!

That's (almost) unbelievable: you could buy two or three good cars for that - or help some people in need.....

Geoff

• thekorvers
    replied
    More wonderful stuff:

https://highfidelitycables.com/produ...40216042569903

Leave a comment:

Working...
X