Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    I think if I ever were to wtop speaker building, I'd have to still do something related.

Hope things are well with you too.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    Hey Ben!

Hope things are well! I still do audio, but mostly amplifiers and preamps.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Good to see you, Blair! Don't be a stranger...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    Hi Chris,

Yes, I’m familiar with WinISD. I’ve been on a 10-12 year sabbatical from speakers because I ran out of space and my wife ran out of patience.

7-8 cubes with two per side vented would actually do OK. This is strictly music playback, and I make all of my cabinets with removable baffles, so if things aren’t to my liking I just change the baffles and drivers.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    That's probably not a guitar driver, which tend to have Fs of 80Hz or higher and Xmax of 2mm or less. That could explain why it was a closeout, it wouldn't have worked very well in a guitar combo. The voice coil would have blown before it got the compressed tone that guitar players are after.

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    So ... do you WinISD?
    Looks like they might do 40-something in 6cf, vented.
    3cf closed would be 80-something, prob'ly.

3mm. Not much.

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    This is what was provided. As I mentioned, I’m not looking for a bass driver. Just tinkering around with these because they were gifted to me.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    Thanks Bill,

Yes, that’s the type of info I was seeking. I just remember PE putting a lot of their close outs through their WT2 or similar to assist with sales. I was in hopes someone may have these. I did hear back from Eminence and they gave me general TS parameters.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    I assume you want specs to design an enclosure. The level of engineering in guitar cabs ends with the decision whether to make them sealed or open back. Specs are never considered.

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    Some do, most don't, since they're not used in low frequency enclosures where specs are employed in the design. Eminence typically only posts Fs and Re.

• jhollander
    replied
    I'd call Parts Express they may have the data, after that I'd call Eminence.

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    Understood. I’m still not understanding why this is a difficult question for folks to answer. You either know the parameters or you do not. I never asked if they will play deep which is what I think both responses assume I am looking for.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Unless it was for a bass guitar, nobody would know what to do with T/S specs.

Leave a comment:

• blair
    replied
    Thanks. I had no idea that guitar speakers don’t have specs.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Considering it came out of a electric guitar combo amp the specs are rather moot, as that's the only application they'd work well in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X