No announcement yet.

10 inch woofer choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scan 26W/8534G is an amazing driver, the 4 ohm variant tested at Hificompass:

https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/...ak-26w/4534g00

However, 1.6cu. ft. is a bit small for 10" woofer, it will have to be sealed for the 26W/8534 so don't expect super deep bass even though its a 10" woofer. Based on the criteria above, this may be just what you are looking for anyway.

VituixCAD includes a great enclosure design tool. Here's what you can expect from the 26W/8534 in the cabinet you have:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220225_071512.png Views:	0 Size:	13.9 KB ID:	1483462

In a ported cabinet you can get a lot more bass extension, but this requires larger cabinet about 3.5 cu. ft.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220225_071904.png Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	1483463
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

dcibel I am using Conrad Johnson Tube power amps so I prefer to stay with 8 ohm versions. It's not absolutely necessary but a preference

Comment

The model above is for the 8 ohm model. Hificompass tested the 4 ohm model, but you can expect similar performance so those measurements are still valid for your application.
        "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
        exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Working...
        X