Salt Lamps As Hifi Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt Lamps As Hifi Tweaks

This is my Himalayan Salt Lamps sitting beside my Magico S5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29338-54121a5d398a8cd355fb352245708e97.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1484416
    Are you kidding? It's really an effective hifi tweak??
    My answer is a definite YES!

Here are two threads on these salt lamps on a Hong Kong HiFi discussion forum. Hundreds of replies. Most of the posts are in Chinese but you may see the photos attached.
    http://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=106572&extra=&highlig ht=燈&page=1
    http://www.hiendy.com/hififorum/forum.Real-Himalayan-Salt-Lamps...ead&tid=107874

I am sure some of you must have a Himalayan Salt Lamp in your house, most probably in your bedrooms.
    Why not do an experiment and move them to your listening areas?
    It's fun!Bespoke Audio Ultimate Silver TVC passive preamp, Bent Audio AVC-1 full-balanced autoformer passive preamp, Totaldac xlr version D1-Drivers x2, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Eisteddfod 840 stereo poweramp, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Select DAC, MSB Select Transport, Nakamichi 700 XLE cassette deck, Tripoint Troy Signature NG groundbox, PLiXiR and Furman isolation transformers.

I had several of them ^ in my house when I had a crazy woman around telling me what to do all the time, too man.

I found that they just consumed needless energy and attracted insects and dust. (The woman just wore out and sounded like constant nagging so she got re-coned until her voice coil got clipped-loose by an attorney).

However if you use a small claw hammer upon them salt lamps and chip some of the crystals off of them and put them between your cheek and gums for a while you don't have to worry about where you lost the salt shaker behind the couch while doing shots of Tequila.

A fresh lime dispenser would go better in there and make the music sweeter because the reaction of them entering your mouth tightens the face, neck and eardrum muscles making them more sensitive to the mid-range frequencies of the audio spectrum.

In retrospect, I should have hooked up with more Island girls as they have nice round pineapples instead of little citrus fruit.

The ImaGakkin introversion amplifiers I acquired recently are a nice touch as well - you should check them out and thanks for all of your inspirational suggestions.

Hope all is well in the Himalayan hills and that you get lucky soon.

Comment

Not sure if serious...
      Francis

Comment

Do other types of salt lamp sound different?
        Francis

Comment

Well, it's good for a laugh anyway..

Comment

• fpitas
            fpitas commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll admit, I took it with a grain of salt.

A word of advice. Don't market them as Himalayan Salt Lamps. Definitely no snake-oil cachet there! Give it a new-age sounding name, and reference dark secrets derived from some cold-war era lab. Throw in some garbled talk about electromagnetism and you won't be able to keep them in stock.
          Last edited by fpitas; 03-28-2022, 11:53 AM.
          Francis

Comment

They won't work to their full potential without Shakti Stones and Audiophile Rocks.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

• fpitas
              fpitas commented
              Editing a comment
              The combination might make the music unbearably good.

Not for those with well-seasoned ears. Tooo muuuch!!!

Comment

Outed from his equipment list: CKKeung, well known member.

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/n...0-m700s.29279/

Comment

• billfitzmaurice
                billfitzmaurice commented
                Editing a comment
                If they were to be accurate they'd call it whatsmostexpensiveforum, which has no bearing on being best.

• fpitas
                fpitas commented
                Editing a comment
                Wait...his list doesn't include the Himalayan salt lamp. His sonic secret?

• fpitas
                fpitas commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, Bill. It's a world of cosmetics and status.

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfaPlayer View Post
                This is my Himalayan Salt Lamps sitting beside my Magico S5...
                Is it true that your Himalayan Salt Lamps will exhibit a more transparent effect, like lifting a veil on the radiated light, after a few break-in soakings in hot water bath? Rinse and repeat until the full transparent effect is achieved?

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

• billfitzmaurice
                  billfitzmaurice commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You don't need to wash them, but they'll work better if combined with ground black pepper lamps.

i wonder if stuffing them with fiberglass would help.
                Francis

Comment

Working...
                X