Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY center channel with LOTs of limitations help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some potential full-range drivers for an MTM or MMTMM:
    • The Peerless TC9FD18 is really highly regarded but a little too big for your needs. If the TC8FD05 is even close then it might be a good fit, pretty good sensitivity.
    • Dayton PS95 is nice, but outside diameter is 3.87" so that maybe be cutting it too close.
    • Dayton Audio PC83
    • Dayton Audio RS75 - low sensitivity which can be overcome with multiples, but this is the most expensive of the bunch.
    All are pretty close to full range, but if you need/want a tweeter maybe add a Dayton ND16FA (93db) or a Peerless OC25SC65-04 (96db)

Comment

I’ve thought about the MMTMM……it’s what we have now we’ve repurposed from an HTIB we no longer use…….speech intelligibility really suffers with these things in the horizontal. The only way I would approach one again would be a really low XO point and use the outer MMs as a .5 helper. I’ve thought about it with the Dayton ND drivers which can really low.

Comment

Why not some TEBM35 BMRs in a multiple arrangement like Mobius' with the LW50's? Given their off axis response it could be a much simpler cab with a flat baffle, a lot of overlap in both driver responses to tweak to taste and placement without angles.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/dri...re-bmr-driver/

Comment

You might actually be able to squeeze the TEBM46 in there with 1/2" cab material thickness.

Comment

Working...
          X