No announcement yet.

SB Acoustics MTM build X-Over help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill need to connect the pre-amp to a PC still right?
    I mean if I bought a non usb powered one?
    Would this work?
    ART DUAL RP
    Since the Mic you are referring to (EMM-6) is stereo I would need a preamp with dual input?
    Last edited by TroyH; 05-09-2022, 09:02 AM. Reason: Links to competitors are prohibited.

Comment

If you're purchasing a kit why get the mic? Are you planning on starting with the kit then tweaking it? Not saying having a measurement mic is a bad thing, just curious.
      "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
      "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
        If you're purchasing a kit why get the mic? Are you planning on starting with the kit then tweaking it? Not saying having a measurement mic is a bad thing, just curious.
        I probably should have started with a kit, but no just raw drivers right now.
        Josh at Madisound did find an old design with the same drivers though.
        Who knows what that sounds like or baffle shape it was modeled for though.

Comment

Originally posted by bassman_soundking View Post
          Ill need to connect the pre-amp to a PC still right? I mean if I bought a non usb powered one?
          Would this work? ART DUAL RP
          I don't know if that one will work, hopefully someone more knowledgeable that me can say. I do know the Behringer UMC202 was recommended in another thread and is about the same price.

You will need an XLR mic cable, probably 20 to 25 feet long, not too expensive at Parts Express or Amazon.
          You will need a short TS or TRS cable for loopback, it just goes out of the preamp and back into the input.

You will also want to be able to measure the T/S parameters of your speakers for box modeling. You could buy an off-the-shelf system like Dayton Audio's DATS or supposedly it is easy to build something yourself. See the "sticky" at the top of the Tech-Talk forum home page. "Easy ZMA and T/S Parameters Using The LIMP Module in ARTA - An Illustrated Guide". I would suggest reading this thread a few times. It covers a LOT of good stuff both about the jig for measuring T/S parameters and microphones, measurements, etc. (and is where I saw the reference to the Behringer). I am just starting to figure this stuff out and have read that thread several times.

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

I don't know if that one will work, hopefully someone more knowledgeable that me can say. I do know the Behringer UMC202 was recommended in another thread and is about the same price.

You will need an XLR mic cable, probably 20 to 25 feet long, not too expensive at Parts Express or Amazon.
            You will need a short TS or TRS cable for loopback, it just goes out of the preamp and back into the input.

You will also want to be able to measure the T/S parameters of your speakers for box modeling. You could buy an off-the-shelf system like Dayton Audio's DATS or supposedly it is easy to build something yourself. See the "sticky" at the top of the Tech-Talk forum home page. "Easy ZMA and T/S Parameters Using The LIMP Module in ARTA - An Illustrated Guide". I would suggest reading this thread a few times. It covers a LOT of good stuff both about the jig for measuring T/S parameters and microphones, measurements, etc. (and is where I saw the reference to the Behringer). I am just starting to figure this stuff out and have read that thread several times.
            I have a Dats V2 from years ago.
            Luckily I got it working recently on a PC that I couldn't update to win 11.
            Maybe the Dtas 3 like win 11 idk, but Im not buying it till this one dies.

Thanks for the link Ill read it in the morning.
            It looks like the UMC202 was replaced by UMC202HD. Sweetwater has it for $89

Comment

Working...
            X