CNC Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNC Router

What are you guys using for baffles? I'm looking to retire and want to start a new hobby\skill. I have strong old time mechanical drawling training. It would be used for many different things but I'd start with nice looking amp cases for the little class d kits.

There might be a market for attractive baffles with wavguides integrated into the design.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

Comment

Baffles are pretty easy with a plunge router and commercial (Jasper) or homemade circle jig.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
        Baffles are pretty easy with a plunge router and commercial (Jasper) or homemade circle jig.
        For the most part with plain vanilla baffles. CNC opens up the opportunity for more complex shapes, higher precision etc.

I wouldn't want to try something like this by hand for instance...but if I had a CNC - I would definitely explore increasing the complexity of the geometry both for sonic and aesthetic purposes.

Constructions: Dayton+SB 2-Way v1 | Dayton+SB 2-Way v2 | Fabios (SB Monitors)
        Refurbs: KLH 2 | Rega Ela Mk1

Comment

I havent got the tools/skills to do proper recessed baffles.

Comment

Originally posted by DeZZar View Post

For the most part with plain vanilla baffles. CNC opens up the opportunity for more complex shapes, higher precision etc.

I wouldn't want to try something like this by hand for instance...but if I had a CNC - I would definitely explore increasing the complexity of the geometry both for sonic and aesthetic purposes.

I have the capability to make baffles like this.

Comment

Ill pay for proper baffles!

Comment

3D printing also opens options for simplifying certain aspects of complicated baffles.
                Thanks,
                Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by DeZZar View Post

Don't need cnc to do that, can do it with a jig and chamfer bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X