No announcement yet.

advice for woofer/cabinet for new 3 way system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IF a (undersized?) port is going to chuff, I'd rather it NOT be pointing in my direction. That's all.

Comment

If I was building another big 3way today I’d be looking very closely at ScanSpeak 26W/4534G00 or 26W/8534G00.

https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/...ak-26w/4534g00
      "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
      exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

• a4eaudio
        a4eaudio commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to know. I just got two of the 4534's for half price on eBay. Now I just have to keep looking for the next 12 months for two more to build the design in my head.

A lot of the drivers people have been suggesting are either sold out or no longer available (MOR) So I have found a suitable woofer, kind of expensive lol SB34RX75-8. Is this decent? Does it compare favorably to the Peerless? Also I will model this to see if it works better in a sealed or vented cabinet. If I go vented I am thinking 3 inch port?

Comment

All I can find is the 34NrxL75-8. A fine woofer, I'm sure.
        The suggestion is for 3cf ported, using a 4"id x 10" long port. Lower 30s are realized.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          The suggestion is for 3cf ported, using a 4"id x 10" long port. Lower 30s are realized.
          Yeah the other seems OOS everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
            Yea thats the one I meant, NRXL. Nice Driver at $315 ea lol

Comment

I have my mid and tweet in house. I dont have my enclosure as it is still in design. I want to make measurements for frd on a temp baffle. How close dose it have to be in size to the final one?

Comment

I have my mid and tweet in house. I dont have my enclosure as it is still in design. I want to make measurements for frd on a temp baffle. How close dose it have to be in size to the final one?

Comment

Working...
                X