Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purveyor; a dynamite small 3-way with concussive tendencies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Tommy!

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Hey,those things are seriously sharp looking!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xqksbol3wfis.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1488725

What I saw that I liked was a Dodge Charger with racing stripes of gold and the car was a really nice raspberry or dark cherry. Looked great to me so I transferred that onto the black. It needed something besides just basic gloss black.

Colors are Krylon 18kt gold and Rust-Oleum chameleon pink/gold.

Base is Rust-Oleum chalkboard followed by VHT Night Eyes. Clearcoat is Duplicolor 1k.

I did rub out the finish using McGuire's compound and polish and then followed up with Turtle Wax Ice wax.

Thanks to Nick for the help! I don't know that I could have done it without his guidance.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    As LOUD as they can get, even a medium room, and large room depending.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Drummer
    replied
    I instantly think of them on a mixing board ready to lay tracks. I bet they'd make a great sounding 2.1 small room setup. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• bassman_soundking
    replied
    They look cool and well detailed write up!!

Great Job Wolf!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Thanks, Greg!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• gregrueff
    replied
    Nice build.
    Who says small speakers need to be simple 2-way's.
    3-way’s are so much cooler.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    What did anyone at InDIYana think of the bass from my little Peerless 830656 2 way project? They certainly surprised me but I'm most likely biased.
    We're all likely biased about our designs but the bass from your speakers sounded good to me and I'd like to know more about the innards and how you created the ML-TL by incorporating the column's volume with the original enclosure.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    Not to take away for Ben's project but I liked those more than I wanted to. I wish we had more time to compare. We're doing dinner (with you) next time, so we can get some evening listening in.

• Wolf
    commented on 's reply
    Okay, I see it now......

• Wolf
    replied
    They were very nice, Craig! Great drivers..
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    What did anyone at InDIYana think of the bass from my little Peerless 830656 2 way project? They certainly surprised me but I'm most likely biased.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bose.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.8 KB ID:	1486175

I'll make my own then.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Making them a kit has been discussed, but not certain if the other shoe will drop or not. You are not the first to suggest it either. The goals included ease of assembly, and a low-costing 3-way that most anyone could put together. It is meant to be built simply and relatively inexpensively. Given the layout of parts and connections, my wife even said she'd be likely able to construct these xovers. They are flat, all point to point wiring, and a given 'xover by number', would be easy to do. That was also a goal. Purveyor name goes deeper than the sound aspect as it provides all that is required in terms of parts and cabinets as well.

Wolf

PS- Don't know about your Bose-likeness query. Just can't 'see' that in my head. However; desktop, monitors, free-standing, bookshelf applications all apply here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X