Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    replied
    If you want to "nuke and pave", I believe there is at least one Econowave variant using the Advent cab.

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by devnull View Post
    You might try getting a hold of Huw at human speakers. Really knowledgeable about 70s & 80s speakers, he might be able rebuild them for you
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
    Your only (relatively "easy") option is to get a "refoam kit" for them (you can find them specifically for the orig. "Large ADVE\T").
    The "Q"ts range (in the 0.40-0.45 range) is not uncommon; the Fs range (20-25Hz) isn't either, but (as Bill said) those woofers use an oversize frame (given the cone area - in the 330 sq.cm. range) - Mr.K did that to get a lot of suspension travel. What's VERY uncommon (for a woofer this small) is the rather HUGE Vas values (around 6 to 7 cu.ft. for Qs near 0.45, and about 9-10 cf for Qs closer to 0.40). I don't believe anything like that is made today (unless you can find a Large Advent "replacement" woofer).

Plus, if you don't use the orig. woofer, you'll have to do XO work.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Your only (relatively "easy") option is to get a "refoam kit" for them (you can find them specifically for the orig. "Large ADVE\T").
    The "Q"ts range (in the 0.40-0.45 range) is not uncommon; the Fs range (20-25Hz) isn't either, but (as Bill said) those woofers use an oversize frame (given the cone area - in the 330 sq.cm. range) - Mr.K did that to get a lot of suspension travel. What's VERY uncommon (for a woofer this small) is the rather HUGE Vas values (around 6 to 7 cu.ft. for Qs near 0.45, and about 9-10 cf for Qs closer to 0.40). I don't believe anything like that is made today (unless you can find a Large Advent "replacement" woofer).

Plus, if you don't use the orig. woofer, you'll have to do XO work.

Leave a comment:

• devnull
    replied
    You might try getting a hold of Huw at human speakers. Really knowledgeable about 70s & 80s speakers, he might be able rebuild them for you

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    You have to match up the T/S specs just as you would with any woofer. You may have to use a ten to get the Sd close.
    dia - 12"
    Sd 50 sq in.
    Mmd - 27.1
    Cms - .002409
    Vas - 296.55 l
    Fs - 18.9
    Re - 4.48
    Le - .10
    Bl - 6.05
    Qts - .413
    Xmax - 2.9
    Bill, I've been away from speaker design for a few years. I was wondering if anyone had already done the "legwork" and found a decent solution.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    You have to match up the T/S specs just as you would with any woofer. You may have to use a ten to get the Sd close.
    dia - 12"
    Sd 50 sq in.
    Mmd - 27.1
    Cms - .002409
    Vas - 296.55 l
    Fs - 18.9
    Re - 4.48
    Le - .10
    Bl - 6.05
    Qts - .413
    Xmax - 2.9

Leave a comment:

• Recommendations for Original Advent Replacement Woofers Please

Does anyone have experience with a drop-in modern woofer for the original Advents.
Working...
X