Nice shape, very well done paint, JFproto 1 by Brad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice shape, very well done paint, JFproto 1 by Brad

Hey look what I found! I found it while looking up <iowa-2018>.
    https://midwestaudio.club/event-arch...gallery/page/3
    It's amazing, it's really beautiful, I flipped through the pictures and just saw what he looked like. I want to learn how he made a speaker enclosure like this!
    Has Brad ever posted about the production process anywhere? I would like to get more information, and his OX system!
    Wolf I think you should know a lot.
    I saw Brad's youtube channel, unfortunately he hasn't updated for a long time.

Does anyone know? please tell me thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	DS57771b.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1486334

Name:	DS57775b.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	1486335

Name:	DS57780.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	1486336

Name:	DS57770.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1486337

Sorry, but I've never met Brad S. He usually attends Iowa and Dakota events. There are some threads over on MAC about his process, which is very labor intensive.

Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Drivers labelled as Silver Flute 5" and 8"
      Is that a mistake, or are there Silver Flutes different from the wool fiber ones I have and see on Madisound?

Comment

Looks like the JFproto1 and the other white one have drivers mounted into carpet or felt?
        It would be interesting to hear the difference between the sb29? and the Peerless Corundom in those 2 designs.

Comment

Originally posted by bassman_soundking View Post
          Drivers labelled as Silver Flute 5" and 8"
          Is that a mistake, or are there Silver Flutes different from the wool fiber ones I have and see on Madisound?
          Those look like Silver Flutes to me. They’re very nice drivers for the price, build quality is top notch. unfortunately the downside is a very simple motor so performance is mediocre. A high end version with nothing changed other than a decent motor would have sold well. Today they’re a fairly dated driver given the choices available.
          "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
          exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post

Those look like Silver Flutes to me. They’re very nice drivers for the price, build quality is top notch. unfortunately the downside is a very simple motor so performance is mediocre. A high end version with nothing changed other than a decent motor would have sold well. Today they’re a fairly dated driver given the choices available.

Maybe he treated cones to look black then?
            This is how mine look, grey with very obvious wool fibers.
            I heard they made tweeters in the past.
            Not sure why they dont make new drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              Sorry, but I've never met Brad S. He usually attends Iowa and Dakota events. There are some threads over on MAC about his process, which is very labor intensive.

Wolf
              thanks,

wolf

Comment

Working...
              X