Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zx82net
    replied
    I've used all three, broadly speaking TB W5-1138SMF (7 liters) requires twice the volume of the Dayton TCP115 (3 liters), which requires twice the volume of the TB W3-1876S (1.5 liters). They'll all play in the 40Hz range. Unsurprisingly, max SPL tracks the driver diameter.

W5-1138SMF is the loudest, TCP115 is the cheapest, W3-1876S is the smallest. Take your pick.

Leave a comment:

• Mk3
    commented on 's reply
    I thought it was 1 year, I'll definitely have to give them a shout about that!.
    Maybe I'm worried about it too much so I guess I should keep it as is, I was just interested in reaching out about seeing if anyone else has designed a small subwoofer enclosure before.
    What do you mean by "A single TCP115 can do 40-50Hz in about the same size cab (0.10 cf)" if you wouldn't mind explaining?

• Mk3
    commented on 's reply
    I thought it was 1 year, I'll definitely have to give them a shout about that!.
    Maybe I'm worried about it too much so I guess I should keep it as is, I was just interested in reaching out about seeing if anyone else has designed a small subwoofer enclosure before.
    What do you mean by "A single TCP115 can do 40-50Hz in about the same size cab (0.10 cf)" if you wouldn't mind explaining?

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    All Dayton drivers have a 5 yr warranty.
    I THINK 60Hz (the OoO's advertised bottom end) should be good enough for a system you carry in a backpack.
    A single TCP115 can do 40-50Hz in about the same size cab (0.10 cf).

Leave a comment:

• Mk3
    started a topic Portable Speaker Idea Help

Portable Speaker Idea Help

Hello everyone, I purchased awhile ago the TPA3116D2 board from. Well where else? Parts express. If you aren't familiar, this board offers 2x50wrms @4ohms of speaker output and 1x100wrms @3-4ohms of subwoofer output. My intent, like most is to use this in a portable speaker design. For which I am using a set of Micca OoO's as the speakers. But I've conjured up the idea of wanting to use that subwoofer output as that would assist a lot with bass extension. Especially using it in scenarios where some of my pals prefer more bass heavy music. My only issue is that I would like to build a mini subwoofer, however, the only idea that I found was a subwoofer utilizing the TANG BAND PR15-A which if some of you know is unavailable to purchase in quantities smaller that 50 from parts express. If anyone has any input on how I should proceed with this idea than please do offer some input.

Some ideas I've considered:
    1. Using the Tang Band W5 subwoofer, however I would like this to fit in my backpack for ease of transportation and this wouldn't suffice
    2. Using a pair of Tang Band W3 subwoofer wired for 8ohms, which would obviously half the wattage of the subwoofer output which would be fine. But I'm worried about bass extension. I understand ported would be optimal in this scenario but I'm worried about some of my buddies there loading up a song which may over-excurt the drivers if the bass is turned up a notch too high.
    3. Ignoring the subwoofer all together, but some people appreciate the sound of bass versus the beautifulness of soundstage.

Later on I am going to be using a bank of Lithium Ion Rechargeable Cells to power the amplifier board. If anyone has any info on if 18650's or 26650's would be better then do add that also!

Thank you for reading my brief explanation for my future plan. Every since my Ultimax in my car stopped working (I'm assuming due to one of the voice coils failing since the resistive load from one terminals is naught while the other 2ohms) my schedule has been open for me to pursue some of my other audio adventures.
Working...
X