Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important is separate enclosures when using 2 full range drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zx82net
    replied
    Are you using a DSP in this one? If so, you could just collapse everything to mono below 2x~3x your tuning frequency, that would avoid any tuning related issues.

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    commented on 's reply
    Yes it's probably getting confusing, but this is the retro fitting the 40 year old ghetto blaster. I might see what I can actually do.

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    (not sure which project this is - you're so prolific!, but - ) If you're porting (for bass), having no divider between them (when they're "woofing") will mess up the tuning and such (as the internal design volume would essentially be doubled if/when only one channel is driving bass).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Lee
    replied
    If you cannot seal the enclosure then I don't see much reason to concern yourself with separating the two drivers atmospherically - you may lose some separation below 1Khz but the drivers are so close together that you would never notice it - and no, you will not damage the drivers.

Leave a comment:

• How important is separate enclosures when using 2 full range drivers?

How important is separate enclosures when using 2 full range drivers? I just started cleaning the sharp ghetto blaster think how the hell am.i going to design a divider which made me wonder, what is the implications to having a share enclosure for 2.full range drivers? I'm assuming there is some issues as it is a stereo setup and I'm using a 2 channel amplifier, could it cancel each other out, damage the drivers etc? I know I've done it with a low fi 5v setup with 1.5 inch drivers, but this is a much bigger scale
Working...
X