Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satx
    replied
    I just found your build tread here and read through it with interest. I’ve been thinking lately of a slim three way using some similar drivers. The AC130F1 (2) which I’ve used before and like a lot, a number of woofer choices (side mounted) including the SB34SWNRX-75, for the smaller sealed enclosure than the brute you’re using and likely the Scanspeak 9130 because I have them on hand.

Anyways, I didn’t see it mentioned by anyone, but do you have any concern about the midrange sensitivity keeping up with your woofer? When you had the woofer mounted higher I thought it could be a little close, but now that you’ve moved it near the floor, you might not loose much, or anything to baffle step. Just a thought.

Also my experience has been that I do myself a big favor by making a test baffle for the M/T and measuring as I add pieces of wood or cardboard the the edges to find the best locations regarding diffraction. It’s always temping to design the look first and then try to hammer the response to fit, but It can save a lot of headache during crossover design and just make for a better sounding finished product.

PS can you link to your thread about driver selection? For some reason I can’t find it.​ Thanks

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    commented on 's reply
    You might want/need to chamfer the backside of the midrange opening.

• a4eaudio
    commented on 's reply
    Normally the dowels or scrap braces are at least easier, but with your angled walls due to the trapezoid, this might be easier anyways.

• jimbones
    replied
    This is the midrange enclosure mounted to the baffle.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    commented on 's reply
    I thought tying in all 4 sides would be very efficient as I can brace the front and rear baffle at the same time together with the sides.

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Your brace holes are fine ...

but, the easiest and most efficient way to brace a box is using 1" (or 3/4") dowels (or square stock) from wall to wall.

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Chris. As I expect to be adding additional braces should future braces have larger venting?

• DrewsBrews
    commented on 's reply
    Cool, good to know

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Your brace holes are fine.

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    replied
    Originally posted by DrewsBrews View Post
    Some of this may have been gone over previously that I just didn't see..

So rear mounting the mid, but It don't yet see how you are isolating it from the woofer chamber?

Also those holes in the center brace seem a bit small to allow the whole space to act as one chamber,
    DrewsBrews thanks for chiming in. There is a small enclosure for the Mid you just dont see it yet in these photos. I should get to it later this week.
    The holes in the brace are 3 inch dia and since there are 4 I believed that would be sufficient. Do I need to enlarge them? I hope not as they are already in place. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DrewsBrews
    replied
    Some of this may have been gone over previously that I just didn't see..

So rear mounting the mid, but It don't yet see how you are isolating it from the woofer chamber?

Also those holes in the center brace seem a bit small to allow the whole space to act as one chamber,

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    replied
    one mo time....IT WORKED!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    replied
    Originally posted by DrewsBrews View Post
    Sounds like everyone is having issues with pics today.

Wow trapezoids! Im far too lazy to try that lol!

I'm digging the off center above port. Neat idea.
    I had to revisit the off center vent, Since the sides taper in, I had to maintain clearance with the vent so I just centered it, easier.

Leave a comment:

• jimbones
    replied
    getting "path can not be empty" error

Leave a comment:

• DrewsBrews
    replied
    Sounds like everyone is having issues with pics today.

Wow trapezoids! Im far too lazy to try that lol!

I'm digging the off center above port. Neat idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X