• deschu
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the clarification!

• DrewsBrews
    commented on 's reply
    See post #6

• illnastyimpreza
    replied
    Ben, Can I use a PS180 as my tweeter??(and crossed over accordingly)
    it has a wizzer cone less than 4'' I believe

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    commented on 's reply
    Fine, let's say <5" diameter magnet for CDs.

• DrewsBrews
    replied
    I'm still a newb. Though from what I've learned I'm pretty sure the bare domes with big rear chambers will steal the show... But the calling to go against the grain has always been strong for me. Whatever it is I'm Interested to hang.

Leave a comment:

• DrewsBrews
    commented on 's reply
    Limit to the size of the CD magnet? Or just purely the horn/faceplate. Ive got some CDs that I think are 4.5"dia. Otherwise ill probably have to buy something else.

• Wolf
    replied
    Not sure what that would gain you. Not this time.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    This rear mounted tweeter is out but what about a reflector on the tweeter?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    commented on 's reply
    Nope, no homemade horns.

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    Can I use a CD with a homemade horn?

• Wolf
    replied
    Since compression drivers need horns, and some come with, as long as it is under dimension, this is fine. A 4" square CD/horn is okay. This will likely limit to 1" exit drivers and loading will likely not be better than 2k.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Billet
    commented on 's reply
    To clarify, can we use a horn driver that is intended to be used with a horn as long as the horn is 4 1/8" or smaller?

• jhollander
    commented on 's reply
    I may have started that discussion, where any pro-style compression driver where you have to add a waveguide would be not allowed. Carving out a wave guide in the baffle for a tweeter would not be allowed. I assume rear mounting a tweeter would also Not be allowed

• Wolf
    replied
    I think there was some misunderstanding going on. This past SDC weekend told me that.
    if the tweeter has a waveguide and is as small as required, only then are waveguides permissible. You cannot add your own.
    Cutting down of faces to fit the rules is also prohibited.

Wolf

Leave a comment:

• rpb
    commented on 's reply
    I was just showing that you don't necessarily need a tweeter that can be crossed at 1.5k. It could be that a lower xo would sound better. That's all. The x-over is not a simple one on this (my) speaker, and this was not a totally finished design. I only have one RS270p woofer currently, Got lucky on the off axis I suppose. I have some Morel. and CSS tweeters I could try, but my future plan may be a 3-way with this woofer.
Working...
X