Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dougc
    replied
    JRT ; no what you listed ended up being my center speaker , and it sounds awesome.

Leave a comment:

• dougc
    commented on 's reply
    My speakers are more like 3 1/2 ways , it is divided in the midrange, so now I have a hole from about 1.5 khz to 3.5 khz where the tweeter takes over.

• dougc
    replied
    These are speakers that i designed and built.

Leave a comment:

• AEIOU
    commented on 's reply
    Sensitivity is very low!

• JRT
    commented on 's reply
    If you still have your B&G Neo8 PDR midranges, then one each of those might work well as upper midrange paired with one each of your B&G Neo3 PDR tweeters. Use the pairs of Vifa PL18WO09-08 for lower midrange.
    Last edited by JRT; 07-31-2022, 11:44 AM.

• DeZZar
    replied
    Originally posted by dougc View Post
    Ok i'll give my main speaker bio. each speaker consists of 5 drivers...
    So was this a kit speaker PE was selling or is this a design of your own?

Either way, if you can't purchase new units of the blown midrange or have them repaired you can't just swap in another midrange without redesigning the crossover.

The 'best' midrange is the one that integrates with your other drivers.

Leave a comment:

• mdocod
    replied
    Hi Dougc,

The speakers will probably sound better with a single mid-range driver rather than multiples. More isn't automatically better with speaker systems. Might be better to ditch the extra mid-range driver to avoid destructive coupling/lobing/smearing/etc.

Leave a comment:

• dougc
    replied
    Ok i'll give my main speaker bio. each speaker consists of 5 drivers, 2 Vifa PL18-8 woofers , 1 Vifa PL 18-4 midrange, 1 Infinity 5" mid (blown,replacing) ,1 BG neo3 pdr tweeter. They are awesome speakers but the 5" mid is blown. I bought them at a speaker close out @ PE about 12 years ago

Leave a comment:

• Ugg10
    replied
    dougc the two option you listed are like comparing apples and pears - assuming the 2” mid is the RS52AN dome mid range.

The RS52AN-8 will only go down to around 500hz at a push, more like 700hz usable but will go up to 8khz plus and has a sensitivity of 89.4db/W/m. The RS125p-8 can be used down to 100hz but tops out usable at around 5khz and is 2dB less sensitive. Also the 2” can be placed like a tweeter in the same volume as the woofer whereas the RS125 will have to have it’s own enclosed (probably around 1-2litres, sealed). So, it really depends on what drivers are above and below it and what range you want them to cover. Finally off axis dispersion is different for a dome compared to a cone so this may be a consideration.

Just a few thought.

Leave a comment:

• DeZZar
    replied
    I've had my eye on using the SB12NRXF25-8 for some time. Incredibly smooth response.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Hi JR,

I think Chuck had the 4 Ohm version of that driver at Indy, which has a much smoother in pass band response:

- SB12PFCR25-4
    - same low price!
    - in stock at Madisound!

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    sb12pfcr25-8

Leave a comment:

• dougc
    replied
    What is wrong with the Dayton drivers that I listed? Theese are replacing the mids in my 5 driver towers that are 3-way .

Leave a comment:

• dougc
    commented on 's reply
    Wolf who sells Prv drivers ??? I thought i seen them on Parts Express

• dougc
    replied
    what SB driver is it ??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X