Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billfitzmaurice
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW 50-60Hz isn't a sub, it's a woofer. That's fine if you don't have program material that goes much below 40Hz. Most music doesn't.

• DanW
    replied
    Similar to Tom’s build I slapped together a pair of 8.5” per side cubes with the 7” Epique subwoofers that I won at the PE Speaker Competition’s raffle. Sealed they roll off at 50-60 Hz. Even sealed they will extend to very low frequency with a DSP boost.

Big caveat, sealed driver excursion increases drastically below tuning frequency, if you use a DSP boost you will run out of driver travel well below rated power. If you go this route I highly recommend spending the extra $ and doing a passive radiator instead of sealed to get the most out of the setup. I won the drivers and already had an extra amp, DSP channel, and half sheet of MDF laying around so it only cost me time. When the announced Epique passive radiators are available I plan on building new enclosures.​

Leave a comment:

• Billet
    replied
    DanP made a nice looking small sealed sub called NRNP (no router, no problem), it looks nice to me and easy to build.

http://projectgallery.parts-express....-computer-sub/

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    If you want small and cheap, it's hard to beat a voxel. Wolf's triumph is loud and fun too.

Both will scratch the low frequency itch, as long as it's not a full-blown rash. : )

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• buggers
    replied
    1. What are the Exact dimensions of a box you can work with?
    2. How much cash will you spend?
    3. What will you power it with?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Take a peek at this: https://techtalk.parts-express.com/f...woofer-project

Don't let the size fool you, it's a serious performer. Not cheap though.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• peter_m
    started a topic Small Sub

Small Sub

Hello,
    I have built a small set of full range speakers and I now need a subwoofer for them. It's based on the HiVi B3S and they need a little help from 150hz and lower. Intended use is for light music and TV. Not a full blown, rumbling home theater, just something to replace my crappy TV speakers and listen to some background music. It will be used in a large living room, and NOT nearfield.

What are good small subs designs I could build myself? I've se a few youtube designers like Toid and Hexibase... Are they any good? I am open to any suggestions. If they are small enough, I could build 2 of them. I'm even open to a transmission line design. Anything that has a good reputation?
Working...
X